Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

The official Fallout JRPG demake flashgame

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Axersia

So in order to better explain the concept of an open-world RPG to Japanese people, Bethesda had Fallout 3 demade into a very Dragon Quest-like flashgame while still retaining some of the core elements of the Fallout series. Like most flashgames whose sole purpose is to promote a retail product, there isn't a whole lot you can do (especially if you don't know Japanese), but it's fun to play around with for a while.

Play it here

And yes, it totally has Dragon Quest-style command-based battles -- though instead of the usual commands you select different body parts.

Fighting a Super Mutant
     Fighting a Super Mutant

Talking to Lucas in Megaton
     Talking to Lucas in Megaton

The world map
     The world map
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I tried messing around with this but not having any Japanese led me to give up on it pretty quickly. It was interesting though.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

I have a hard time believing Bethesda had anything to do with this.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Axersia
    @ryanwho said:
    " I have a hard time believing Bethesda had anything to do with this. "
    Well I never said it was actually developed by them, but it's on their official site and they posted about it on their English blog.

But if you were inferring that no Bethesda staff member has ever played a JRPG in their life, you really need to get your head out of your ass. Same goes for any other WRPG company. Let's not forget BioWare once developed a JRPG.
    Pageboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pageboy
    @Axersia:
    Holy shit!  This looks awesome. I would pay money for an English language release on Xbla or something.  I know that's never gonna happen but combining my love of Fallout 3 and JRPG style turn based combat  makes me extremely happy. 
    Has there ever been a JRPG that allows you to target certain body parts in combat (apart from boss battles), I can't think of one.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By keyhunter

I'd love to play some Fallout Warrior 3.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Axersia
    @Pageboy said:
    "Has there ever been a JRPG that allows you to target certain body parts in combat (apart from boss battles), I can't think of one. "
    I can think of one -- Last Rebellion.

Though it was so awful that the CEO of Nippon Ichi vowed to never publish Hit Maker's games ever again.
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By ahoodedfigure
    @owl_of_minerva: Argh, yeah. Too bad about the language. Would like it if there was some sort of game builder that was already pretty complete like this...  Wonder how much work was actually done to get this moving.
    02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By 02sfraser

I can read some japanese but I started getting lost a few statements in. Looks awesome though and if they localised it into a £2 or £3 game on PSN, XBLA or iPhone I would probably buy it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.