Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Who would you like to see make a New Vegas style seq to FO4

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xanadu

Well, I had a much longer post that detilaed why I wanted to make this thread but I accidentally closed the tab and lost all that work. So im just gonna briefly summarize what I originally had: Fallout 4's new texture patch originally had me excited to maybe play through FO4 again but I realized that what I really need/what is new fallout rather than FO4 again (the fact that the texture pack is more than double the size of the original game didn't help either). But seeing how Obsidian is or was dealing with financial issues (still happening?) we probably wont see another one until Bethesda makes Fallout 5. That said, if you could pick any developer (no strings attached) to develop a New Vegas style sequel to Fallout 4, who would you want? I personally would like to see what CD Projekt Red could do. The density they apply to their settings, characters, and stories could be amazing for the Fallout franchise. The only con I could think of is how bad the first 2 witcher games were at dealing with quest lines and alternate paths to finish those quests. I remember having more than 1 quest in witcher and witcher 2 that I could never finish even if I wanted to because I did another more important quest right before it.

So who would you guys want to see make a Fallout game and why?

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

The only answer is Obsidian. New Vegas would have been a GOTY contender in 2010 if it wasn't a buggy mess. They're writing is far superior to Bethesda, which made the game great even if the Capital Wasteland was the better world to explore.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Out of interest to see what the heck it would look like? Hmm...

With confidence: Irrational maybe, or Arkane. Both studios have that knack for humour and storytelling in serious settings but with decent gameplay chops to back it up. Arkane less-so with the humour, but their world-creation is wonderful from an art and level-design perspective.

Wild card: Whichever Rockstar guys made Manhunt, or maybe Monolith. Manhunt was full of super dark humour, which could push Fallout in a weirder direction. With Monolith, my thoughts were they could tighten up the shooting to an exceptional level, and have some room to be less serious with their writing for a change.

For devious reasons, to see if it would be a trainwreck: Gearbox.

I wouldn't want a main Fallout game from any of those guys, but some great side-games would be welcomed by me. Why not.

Obsidian are the ones though, yeah. But this is more about other studios I think, like a "But what if..." fantasy fest.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I like about Fallout / Skyrim is the freedom and their open ended nature, I'm not sure another developer could make them without the games being radically different so apart from Bethesda & Obsidian maybe Bioware. As much as I loved New Vegas it had more bugs and broken quests the even Bethesda which I thought not possible, Bioware of 10 years ago would have been an instant yes but recently their games have been MMO-lite with bad writing and story. Reluctantly I would stick with the devil you know I hope they've learnt from their mistakes, Bethesda are rumored to be working on a new IP so the next Fallout is probably more than a decade away.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

nah, fallout could use some rest. IP will feel fresh again in about 4-5 years.

p.s. though if they wanted to make another fallout tactics type of game in the style of x-com then sure i'd be down.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, Atlus?

Honestly I'd only ever really want to see it come from Obsidian, they actually want to make a well written game with RPG mechanics in a world where most AAA developers just want big empty open worlds filled with """content""" that everyone needs to see in one playthrough, or else.

There was totally a rumour about New Vegas 2 going around very recently, one day a google search gave countless "It's gonna happen!" articles, the following day it was all "It's not gonna happen!" articles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.