Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 30, 1997

A critically acclaimed role-playing game developed by Black Isle Studios and Tim Cain in 1997, Fallout established itself as a prominent post-apocalyptic universe with a dark sense of humor.

Have I missed my stop?

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By crusnchill

So I bought Fallout 3 and was in love the moment I stepped out of the vault and looked around at the landscape. 
    Now, I've since completely finnished Fallout3 (With the exception of the crappy zurtog beta space ship or whatever that  DLC's called) and I've been wondering about buying the original Fallout that inspired the third one. 

I bought it on gog.com and loaded it up. watched the start video: "War... War never changes." etc. 
    Made my character and started the game. 

I think I've been spoiled with good gameplay mechanics and fantastic graphic's. 
    So because I never got to enjoy Fallout when it was released and am now unable due to self-harm-spoiling. 
    I'd like to hear YOUR stories of your first time in bed with the original. 
    I don't want people trying to convince me to play it, it ain't for me, I just want to hear your stories of euphoric pleasue and/or dismay at playing this game in 1997. 
    What did you get giddy about? what annoyed you about it? What kept you up at night thinking about it? Or made you want to snap the disc in half? Everything you want to tell me.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

I played it before Fallout 3 was out and I thought it wasn't nearly as good as people made it out to be.

Of course, I didn't play it in 1997, so I guess I don't count.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.