Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 30, 1997

A critically acclaimed role-playing game developed by Black Isle Studios and Tim Cain in 1997, Fallout established itself as a prominent post-apocalyptic universe with a dark sense of humor.

Where should I buy it?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I've been thinking about picking this up for a while and have decided to take the dive.

I noticed on Direct 2 Drive, it's actually $5.99 compared to Steam's $9.99. I know they patched the 150 day limit aspect of the game, is that included in the auto updates from Steam? Does D2D do auto updates? Can I add my D2D purchase to Steam?

Thanks for the guidance.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Lukeweizer said:
    I've been thinking about picking this up for a while and have decided to take the dive. I noticed on Direct 2 Drive, it's actually $5.99 compared to Steam's $9.99. I know they patched the 150 day limit aspect of the game, is that included in the auto updates from Steam? Does D2D do auto updates? Can I add my D2D purchase to Steam? Thanks for the guidance.
    Any official updates are done by Steam. So if its official Steam will do it. 
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

go to Good Old Games and buy it. It includes a bunch of other stuff with it, as well as it automatically working on newer machines (you might have to mod for higher resolution)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Laketown

go to Good Old Games and buy it. It includes a bunch of other stuff with it, as well as it automatically working on newer machines (you might have to mod for higher resolution)

Yep, got mine from GoG and it's awesome.
    prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By prestonhedges

Good Old Games, then go and find the patch that runs it in modern resolutions

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @gladspooky@NekuSakuraba@Laketown
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

Do you need to run dosbox seperately with the steam version? I really don't know how to handle dosbox, mounting drives and all that nonsense scares me.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @Lukeweizer
    @gladspooky@NekuSakuraba@Laketown
    I really hate not being able to edit on the mobile site. Does GoG version include the 150 day limit fix patch? Or would I have to find that myself? The giant bomb page for the game also says it's available for Mac. The steam version mentions nothing of the Mac version. Is it even available for digital distribution?
    FajitaBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FajitaBoss

@Lukeweizer: God old Games www.gog.com

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.