Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

A bit of diamond help (Far Cry 2)

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GalvanizedNails

so im at the part where you are supposed to be claiming your first diamond case. I can get the gps light to stop flashing and stay green which supposedly means im pointed at the diamonds but theres absolutely nothing there! am I doing something wrong? its not like i havent been looking hard either. Ive spent the last half an hour searching for the case. Thanks in advance

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By RobDaFunk
    GalvanizedNails said:
    "so im at the part where you are supposed to be claiming your first diamond case. I can get the gps light to stop flashing and stay green which supposedly means im pointed at the diamonds but theres absolutely nothing there! am I doing something wrong? its not like i havent been looking hard either. Ive spent the last half an hour searching for the case. Thanks in advance"
    i had the same problem, the light STAYED green and nothing.............then i walked over to the back of the room and HeyPresto....there was the case.

maybe best to just let the light get on green and then just survey the surrounding area.

half an hour finding that 1st case tho??? ;)
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GalvanizedNails
    RobDaFunk said:
    "GalvanizedNails said:
    "so im at the part where you are supposed to be claiming your first diamond case. I can get the gps light to stop flashing and stay green which supposedly means im pointed at the diamonds but theres absolutely nothing there! am I doing something wrong? its not like i havent been looking hard either. Ive spent the last half an hour searching for the case. Thanks in advance"
    i had the same problem, the light STAYED green and nothing.............then i walked over to the back of the room and HeyPresto....there was the case.

maybe best to just let the light get on green and then just survey the surrounding area.

half an hour finding that 1st case tho??? ;)"

mine seems to be located in a ditch or right by it somewhere. Ive burned all underbrush and still cant seem to find it :(
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GalvanizedNails

FINALLY! just found it. it took me abit to release you follow the green light after it stops flashing. I though that when it stopped flashing that meant you were right by it :/

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demilich

The green light just means it's in front of you... As in walk forward.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

Also be aware that Jackal interview tapes show up on the GPS, so keep your eye out for a massive tape recorder too.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RobDaFunk
    GalvanizedNails said:
    "FINALLY! just found it. it took me abit to release you follow the green light after it stops flashing. I though that when it stopped flashing that meant you were right by it :/"
    also listen out for a alarm/humming sound when near diamond cases to.....always helps me find em.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By mike

Yeah - I've found that sometimes if I'm really close to a case, I won't be able to see it if I don't put my map and GPS down.  Turn your volume up a little like Rob said, listening for the beep helps.

Fluxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Fluxxx

maybe a stupid question... but where the hell do you people see the green flashing light?
    im stuck on that part, looking at my map for ages but nothing is flashing.
    please, some one tell me where i can see flashing lights :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.