Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Far Cry 2 map editor: LittleBigPlanet Parody

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shawn

I found this trailer rather funny. I'm so ready for this game to come out >_<!

Link

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AaronBelfast

Wow, I can't believe I'm looking forward to the FC2 map editor than LBP. Funny thing is creating stuff is what LBP is all about. I think I'm weird.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shawn

No, you're not weird.

I kind of feel that way too, I'm not trying to put LBP down or anything but seriously, 50 square kilometers to make whatever you want then shoot you're friends in multiplayer in them? This is going to be amazing.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ieatlions

i agree if this map editor does half of wat it says it schould do , i would be amazed

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jayge_

You don't get 50 square kilometers in Multiplayer, Shawn.

You get like a half a kilometer, maybe a whole one from what I've seen.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Player1

I thought this was hilarious. 

The guy sounds just like the LBP dude. 
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Not funny LBP is a killer App and we all know its going to get 10's on every review site or their biased and hate ps3. What it got a 9 from IGN well did you see the new trailer for LBP2 Killer App it has so much stuff in it and online is free.

My impression of the future of people bringing up LBP not being a killer app

But Far Cry 2 looks awesome after truly seeing the map editor in action now it comes down to this or Fallout 3 and it is going to come down to reading detailed reviews.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422
    Jayge said:
    "You don't get 50 square kilometers in Multiplayer, Shawn.

You get like a half a kilometer, maybe a whole one from what I've seen."
    Yep, its a pretty big area but definitely isn't what you're quite thinking. I honestly hope you can adjust the size though, from the default to smaller...somehow I think I'll be disappointed there though. I mean if I just wanted to make a smaller urbanized map. I guess I could just put all the spawn points in one center area though. I saw some of the shit people did with this though and I had no idea it would be possible, even while being stoked already for it...I'm so ready for Farcry 2.
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawn
    pause422 said:
    "Jayge said:

Yep, its a pretty big area but definitely isn't what you're quite thinking. I honestly hope you can adjust the size though, from the default to smaller...somehow I think I'll be disappointed there though. I mean if I just wanted to make a smaller urbanized map. I guess I could just put all the spawn points in one center area though. I saw some of the shit people did with this though and I had no idea it would be possible, even while being stoked already for it...I'm so ready for Farcry 2."
    Woops yeah half a kilo is what I meant! But it's still pretty damn impressive
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    pause422 said:
    "Jayge said:

Yep, its a pretty big area but definitely isn't what you're quite thinking. I honestly hope you can adjust the size though, from the default to smaller...somehow I think I'll be disappointed there though. I mean if I just wanted to make a smaller urbanized map. I guess I could just put all the spawn points in one center area though. I saw some of the shit people did with this though and I had no idea it would be possible, even while being stoked already for it...I'm so ready for Farcry 2."
    I don't think you can make it smaller, but you certainly have the ability to form natural barriers to limit the playsize of the map. Fissures, mountains, huge piles of rubble and destruction (might be more urban). That's what the lead designer said in terms of limiting the size in an interview a while back, I think.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ieatlions

i think you cant make the map size smaller but the area that a person is in can be made smaller

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Dont get me wrong, it does look like a great editor, but it just doesn't  compare to LBP in my opinion. LBP seems much more streamlined and easy to get into, and FC2 seems like one of those editors where only the 1337 make awesome stuff like that King Kong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.