Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

FOV Hack is up.

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cyclonus

Added this to the other thread aswell, but a separate thread really makes more sense

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143018#143018

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

They really find messing with Fov somehow a hack? Thats kinda retarded...adjusting Fov in fps on PC is something everyone does...everyone has different preferences.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#3  Edited By vigorousjammer

I consider any editing to coding a hack in a game...

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cyclonus
    pause422 said:
    "They really find messing with Fov somehow a hack? Thats kinda retarded...adjusting Fov in fps on PC is something everyone does...everyone has different preferences."

Yeah, except you can't do it from inside this game right now. So it is a hack.

Wish there was one of these for Dead Space aswell, just installed and tried it for a little while now. Great game, but the guy takes up half the screen and the fov is a little weird. I know it's a horrorgame and all and developers like fucking up the controls and playability of these to make mechanics frustration a part of the "horror", but this game is just good fun and very nice combat apart from the annoying camera.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Johnny5

This makes the game 100x better if you're using widescreen, its attrociously stretched and cut in 16:10 :/

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

It also doesn't cause a Punkbuster kick if you're running it in multi (as if there's any reason to play multi on PC though, bad port FTL)

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rockanomics

What are you guys using for settings for this? I tried the suggested numbers, and I do have a 16:10 monitor.

Was working fine till I got the MP5 and you can see a bit of the arm popping out in the lower left.

I'm trying to find something to use as a reference, something that's supposed to be square that's rectangular.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rockanomics

Nm, I got it. Used an in-game doorknob and a quarter.

X = 1.17
    Y = 1.393

And the new version of the hack is up to work with the recent patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.