Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Love the multiplayer -but one thing bugs me

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

The voting system is a great idea in theory -in practice though ive seen nothing but  it be abused.

The most obvious (and frustrating) example is in uprising mode -theres a trophy for winning as the 'captain' 

Easy enough -right? get selected as captain, then go ahead and win the match,
    However every match i have played so far has ended in disaster, because the fucking retards on the team vote to change the captain every 5 seconds for no god damned reason, and everyone clicks 'yes' in the vague hope they will be selected- its a joke, seeing as once the vote is passed, whoever was captain, is slayed straight away. great when the enemy has all three points and some joker passes up a vote, your captain is slayed -and whoop - the match is over.

Anyone else annoyed by this? 
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Thunder

i havent even played uprising but the voting system in all the other gametypes have been fine for me

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Thunder said:
    "i havent even played uprising but the voting system in all the other gametypes have been fine for me"
    Yeah it has its purpose dont get me wrong -for example the same mode when the captain is sat at spawn afk or base camping a turret- voting to kick or change captain can be great!
    Its just a shame its abused so much
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Thunder said:
    "i havent even played uprising but the voting system in all the other gametypes have been fine for me"
    Yeah it has its purpose dont get me wrong -for example the same mode when the captain is sat at spawn afk or base camping a turret- voting to kick or change captain can be great!
    Its just a shame its abused so much
    "
    I'm afraid your going to find abuse in practically every game which allows players to decide anything.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I haven't played anything in this game besides Team Deathmatch, so I can't comment. The only thing I would really criticize are the ridiculous respawn times. That does sound horrible though. A captain change should be limited to once every 5 minutes or something.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JJpenguin
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    I'm afraid your going to find abuse in practically every game which allows players to decide anything."

Too true, it's a shame really

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.