Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

radio?

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Gunner

So i got to thinking, at the beginning of the game as your in the taxi with that one guy, he turns the radio off to get by a guard post, so i was wondering if there is some sort of radio system in far cry 2? if so is there any good stations?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

There is no radios in cars from that point on which blew my mind. A few engaging radio stations could've really helped the game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush
    DualReaver said:
    "There is no radios in cars from that point on which blew my mind. A few engaging radio stations could've really helped the game."
    I actually don't mind the lack of radio stations...I found the lack of music (after you turn off the regular music) to help immerse me into the game.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DualReaver

I would've just liked hearing all that wacky propaganda. It would've helped immerse you more into the world and stop you from wanting to kill yourself when you look at how far you have to drive.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gunner
    DualReaver said:
    "I would've just liked hearing all that wacky propaganda. It would've helped immerse you more into the world and stop you from wanting to kill yourself when you look at how far you have to drive."
    i loled. Yeah it would be so much better if they had some sort of brain wash propaganda station, wold have been more entertaining than listening to the same drum music whenever the enemy shoots at you.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

Honestly...all this game really needs in a quick-travel system so that I didn't have to drive everywhere (the buses aren't that great).

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DualReaver

I think between safe houses is the way to go.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gunner
    DualReaver said:
    "I think between safe houses is the way to go."
    Yeah, then it would make it even more worthwhile to capture them.
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I haven't actually played the game, but they should have implemented a feature where a radio could do just that.  So if you turned it off, enemies couldn't hear you, but you could lure them by using the sound of the radio.

Elijah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Elijah

I agree that there definitely should have been radio stations in-game.  It's one of those things that's just polish, but in the end adds more than you'd think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.