Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

To those who may have seen it running on both consoles -in person

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeadWeezel

Having both consoles is a blessing and a curse.  In a game like Far Cry 2 I would like to get the best framerate and visuals without having to go PC.  No review so far has made light of differences between the console versions, stating the obvious of the PC being capable of more polish.

So, if the PS3 and 360 look very much the same I will opt for the PS3 edition as I no longer pay for Xbox Live and may want to get into some Multiplayer thanks to the map editor.  However I am very much aware that western devs often have better results on the 360 because the SDK is easier.

I can wait before buying (actually I have to, broke!) but if anyone has an opinion now that would be handy.  But opinions based on videos and screenshots are not wanted - they have no value on this.

Cheers!
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

My only reason for opting for the 360 version would be for controllers sake. I have a hard time using the DS3, or any Sony controller for that matter, when it comes to shooters, but if you find that both are acceptable then my input is put moot here.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

I imagine if framerate and visuals are not specifically brought up in reviews than it is probably the same on both consoles.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DeadWeezel

Appears to be true.  I have managed to get along with both the 360 controller and the DS3 though I can certainly understand a preference for either.

So apparnetly IGN head to head has the 360 come out just ahead of the PS3 on this game mainly because although both games have some popin and frame drops, the PS3 has them a bit more often.

That being the case, and the visuals in general not being given a mention as a difference (PC excluded here of course) I will go PS3 on this simply because I might like to play online and would like to do so for free.  Also a US import for PS3 is 20 euros cheaper!

Fallout 3 on the other hand, gotta be on the xbox.  Having choice can be a good thing sometimes =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.