Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Why are Jeep Wranglers limited to 55 MPH???

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

This one seems rather obvious but the max speed I can get is 55. I know for a fact you can at least get 90 out of a jeep. Even the buggy only goes 60. It's so frustrating that the vehicles in this game are so retarted slow.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

If the biggest issue you have with this game is the speed of the jeep, you're the most stoic motherfucker I have ever met, and my hat goes off to you.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @Mmmslash said:
    " If the biggest issue you have with this game is the speed of the jeep, you're the most stoic motherfucker I have ever met, and my hat goes off to you. "
    Im gonna agree with this guy, there are far more annoying things that happen in that game.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatking

Yeah you can throw that into the bucket of shit that makes this game that could have been amazing a total mess.  Then again it is easier to just say that the transportation in that game is just fucked from the ground up; everything from the amount of cars, to the roads you're driving on, to the people driving cars, and even the speed the cars move at.
    yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yani
    @Jack_Daniels: I recently went back to FC2 and am finding it much faster to get around by boat where possible.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mmmslash

To be quite honest, if the checkpoints had been on half hour timers (That only activate when you aren't nearby, of course) and the stealth had been acceptable, I would have considered the game a solid title.

Unfortunately, it's just frustrating.

But man, what about that map editor? Was that thing sexy or what?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    @Mmmslash:
    Just a shame the multiplayer built around it was pretty awful. :/
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash
    @HatKing: yeah, but it was nice to build little goof off arenas. Making some big ass ramps, jumping jungles and lighting stuff on fire, awwwww yeeeeaaaaah.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie
    @HatKing said:
    " @Mmmslash: Just a shame the multiplayer built around it was pretty awful. :/ "
    Some of the pirate ship maps were pretty fun
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Brendan

I got to the latter part in the game where you open up the second map, and then I just couldn't bring myself to travel around anymore.  Alot of good things about that game were ruined by an annoying environment.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mmmslash

I actually kind of liked the weight-y, slow feeling of the vehicles. I just didn't like that people in the same vehicles went faster than me.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yani

The shame of it is that so many of the issues with FC2 could have been quickly fixed by mods but they never gave people the chance.  Would have been a great game with a few tweaks.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mmmslash
    @yani: About a year after the game came out, I went searching for the PC mods that I was positive must exist. Stuff like removing the checkpoint respawns, and maybe even an AI tweak to make them less omnipotent.

I was sorely disappointed ;_;
    ScottishGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScottishGamer

Yep, vehicles in this game are sloooooowwwwww... it's the reason why I really hated this game. It is not a bad game, but I hate it because is is sooooo good, apart from the fact that it takes FOREVER to get anywhere! It just ruined the game for me because for a first person shooting game there was notmuchshooting, just a lot of driving which is not fun at all. Oh and when you're driving you get shot at at every turn.... This game could have been sooo good :(

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking
    @Pie:
    @Mmmslash:

Yeah I'm not saying the map editor was bad or didn't have potential.  I'm just saying the actual multiplayer versus stuff, when it came down to it, just wasn't that great.  I'd really like to see them work on that or see a dev that really does know how to do multiplayer use a map editor like that.  Could you imagine custom maps in a game like Call of Duty?  I mean I would consider playing that if they introduced a map editor like FarCry's.
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jack_daniels
    @ScottishGamer said:
    " Yep, vehicles in this game are sloooooowwwwww... it's the reason why I really hated this game. It is not a bad game, but I hate it because is is sooooo good, apart from the fact that it takes FOREVER to get anywhere! It just ruined the game for me because for a first person shooting game there was notmuchshooting, just a lot of driving which is not fun at all. Oh and when you're driving you get shot at at every turn.... This game could have been sooo good :( "
    Yeah try a couple trainer they let you save your position and to instantly transport to places. It makes the game a lot quicker. Driving does suck though. I wish there were helicopters or something,
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I have a better question for you: Why do you play this game? It's not worth it.

ScottishGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ScottishGamer
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " @ScottishGamer said:
    " Yep, vehicles in this game are sloooooowwwwww... it's the reason why I really hated this game. It is not a bad game, but I hate it because is is sooooo good, apart from the fact that it takes FOREVER to get anywhere! It just ruined the game for me because for a first person shooting game there was notmuchshooting, just a lot of driving which is not fun at all. Oh and when you're driving you get shot at at every turn.... This game could have been sooo good :( "
    Yeah try a couple trainer they let you save your position and to instantly transport to places. It makes the game a lot quicker. Driving does suck though. I wish there were helicopters or something, "

What? Do you mean the Bus transport thing that was in the game? Because even that was bad as the destination for a mission was mostly quite far away from any of the places you could 'jump' to via the Bus. 
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Driadon

Considering you're offroading 99% of the time, anything higher than 55MPH while rolling over logs would be a little extreme.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jack_daniels
    @ScottishGamer said:
    " @Jack_Daniels said:
    " @ScottishGamer said:
    Yeah try a couple trainer they let you save your position and to instantly transport to places. It makes the game a lot quicker. Driving does suck though. I wish there were helicopters or something, "
     What? Do you mean the Bus transport thing that was in the game? Because even that was bad as the destination for a mission was mostly quite far away from any of the places you could 'jump' to via the Bus.  "
    I mean for the PC version of the game there are memory 'trainers' or cheats that let you teleport the map. It's a program your run the same time as the game. I got 10k diamonds instantly. I really don't care at all about finding diamond cases.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Mmmslash said:
    " If the biggest issue you have with this game is the speed of the jeep, you're the most stoic motherfucker I have ever met, and my hat goes off to you. "
    Not everyone has to post about the unanimously decided killer flaw of the game. Little things add up.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mmmslash
    @jmrwacko:  I'm not sure you understood me. I only meant that if just the vehicles had gone faster, if hat had been enough for the OP to enjoy the game, then he is, in act, the most stoic motherfucker I have ever met, and my hat goes off to him. I wish I could overlook/enjoy the crippling problems the game has, in the way that he seems to be able to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.