64. Grenade launchers are also effective at starting fires.
100+ Things You've Learned™ Playing Far Cry 3!
66. You can Double-Takedown-From-Above from a wingsuit or glider; If you do this, you have just achieved the best systematic FPS gameplay ever.
67. Any time your character holds his weapon closer to him behind any type of cover, that means that you are in cover state; but it also means you can dynamically shoot out of your cover above you, or to the left/right, by pressing AIM(iron sights) or Shoot(blindfire); the best FPS cover system ever made.
74) Decrepit letters from World War 2 will magically fuse into a brand new knife if collected.
75) Crashing into the ground with a wingsuit is a lot more painful than doing the same in a glider.
76) Poker is DEADLY.
77) When the attractive tribal leader you've met twice says she loves you, that's not a good sign.
78) When Hoyt fires you, he does it literally.
79) Some drugs give you superpowers. Some drugs make you hallucinate you're fighting a gigantic demon god while in reality undergoing sexual intercourse.
80) Hitting the water from around 200 feet up at terminal velocity doesn't hurt at all.
98. You can kill every damn soldier in a base but you will not liberate it if that dog, who must hold some sort of military rank, is still alive.
99. Your posse of Rakyat warriors seem to always show up after you liberate a base, not before.
100. Stumbling across an empty vehicle, a dead person, and package of medicine means that you will make it just in time to deliver the supplies, no matter how long that vehicle sat there.
101. Rabid dogs must be put down with rpgs and flamethrowers, according to the locals.
104. The idea hunting by standing on top of the Jeep worked so great in Red Dead Redemption (with the horse drawn carriages) as animals will at least have trouble getting to you. Unless you drive it into the water & stand on the wrecked vehicle as it won't help with sharks.
105. There's always going to be a hill that clearly looks like something you can climb but if you can't, avoid hitting the jump button as you will jump back quite a lot.
114. Jason is in fact Nomad's long lost son. His previous life as an idiotic partying teenage moron reflected the weak stupid linear games of the open-world-tropical-paradise universe (released in the last 5 years) such as Far Cry 2 and Crysis 2. His transformation into a badass was him finding his long-gone father's true path, the path of Crysis, the path of truly open world, intelligent AI and absolute player freedom to manipulate the AI and create random unique scenarios on the go. Far Cry 3 is Jason's finding of Nomad's lifestyle and embracing it. The son has finally returned and he did NOT disappoint.. Crysis is Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 is FC3 ;)
Please Log In to post.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.