Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Deals for 360 Far Cry 3?

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ShaolinSpade

I've been googling around to see if I can find a deal where this game would come with a gift card or something but so far I haven't found anything. Have any of you guys found any deals for this game yet? I'm specifically looking for the 360.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

I've heard that the game is supposed to pop up on green man gaming for the US soon which would be nice cuz I don't plan on picking this up unless it's cheaper.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I'm not sure we'll see a sale for it until around Christmas time. I'd love to pick it up for cheap though.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Lukeweizer

@ShaolinSpade said:

I've been googling around to see if I can find a deal where this game would come with a gift card or something but so far I haven't found anything. Have any of you guys found any deals for this game yet? I'm specifically looking for the 360.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a deal on a console version prior to release. It probably wouldn't go on sale for a couple month after release. Maybe Amazon will have it for $53.99, or a small discount they usually do, but nothing to sing about.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

@Colourful_Hippie said:

I've heard that the game is supposed to pop up on green man gaming for the US soon which would be nice cuz I don't plan on picking this up unless it's cheaper.

I'm tempted to just get it through GMG for a discount, but it's not Steam activated. I don't really know what the Steam version will do for you anyway since you have to log into UPLAY. I guess you get auto-updates with Steam? Maybe UPLAY does that too. I might just fork over the money for the Steam version because I just feel naked buying stuff outside of Steam. I want to feel the warm embrace of Gabe's beard.

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaolinSpade

@Lukeweizer: Sometimes you get like a random $20 gift card from walmart or something. Amazon sometimes gives stuff away when you preorder stuff too. I looking for stuff like that more than just straight up sales but I don't have high hopes

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Lukeweizer said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

I'm tempted to just get it through GMG for a discount, but it's not Steam activated. I don't really know what the Steam version will do for you anyway since you have to log into UPLAY. I guess you get auto-updates with Steam? Maybe UPLAY does that too. I might just fork over the money for the Steam version because I just feel naked buying stuff outside of Steam. I want to feel the warm embrace of Gabe's beard.

Yeah it would be nice to get it through Steam. I got AC 3 through it and you wouldn't really be missing much because it only just launches the Uplay UI thing which will be same for Far Cry 3, but I get where you're coming from.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By strainedeyes

Getting it through Amazon gives you a $10 instant video credit. That's all I know about.

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By mclakers

I was going to wait for a sale also, since GMG doesn't have it here in the US. But after watching the QL I said fuck it. It's already pre-loaded on steam. 49.99 , if I like a game, I got to support the devs.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FLYmeatwad

Not really a sale, but if you're a member of Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked (meaning you pay $15 a year for the magazine and coupons, like with GS and GameInformer) you can still pre-order FC3 for shipping or in store pick up at BestBuy.com and you get a $20 RewardZone certificate within a month. This is only for the 360 and PS3 versions though, I believe. Also, Best Buy has the best price matching policy of any retailers. Ordering online you just call up customer service anytime within 30 days of release and they match most other competitors, so if the game goes on sale within 30 you can recoup some of the cost.

They did this with a bunch of games this year (I bought NBA 2K13, Black Ops 2, Dishonored, and AC3 from them in addition to FC3. Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and a few other games were also included) and have been consistently been getting my certifications. They also have a pretty great list for next year as well (I will be pre-ordering South Park, BioShock, The Last Of Us, God of War, GTA V, and MGS:R all with $20 certificates each), so even if you're not a member now and you have a Best Buy near you it's worth considering if you're interested in any of these games.

I used to only pre-order at Amazon, then K-Mart started doing crazy gift card things ($30 with Arkham City at launch!), but looks like I'm going to be using Best Buy for a little while until something better comes along. I mostly like it for the price match policy, it's a good addition to the certificates, though in actuality I have only been able to price match AC3 of the games I bought since that promotion started.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By robcat09

Toys R Us is BOGO 1/2 off this week. That's something, if you are in the market for 2 $60 games, at least.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts
    December 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3, Release date

Come on guys, don't be dicks, the game just came/isn't even out for God's sake. How/Why would developers keep making big budget AAA games if people are trying to find sales on it day one? At least wait a month or two, jeez.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

@RazielCuts: How does that make somebody a dick? Are they pirating the game? There are sites that regularly discount upcoming games so it's always nice being able to get something that you probably wouldn't have bought at full price.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sanity

I want this game... but im guessing it will be around 25% off during the steam sale. Think i may wait it out.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RazielCuts

@Colourful_Hippie: I just think it's a bit unfair to be asking for a sale or discount on a game that hasn't even (just) come out. If a developer/publisher can't ask for full price at point of release when can they? Games only get cheaper the longer they're out, so if you want to play the game at time of release you pay full price, if you don't you wait a month or two for it's inevitable decrease and sales which'll probably be in the Christmas/New Year anyway.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Couldn't find one. Just caved and got it full price from Amazon. Oh well. Seems worth it fun and content wise.

@robcat09 said:

Toys R Us is BOGO 1/2 off this week. That's something, if you are in the market for 2 $60 games, at least.

This is true but nothing else I wanted. I shouldn't have bought Hitman already. I've been buying too many games and not finishing them. Sucks. I would still be playing AC III if my save wasn't gone 15 hours in.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By colourful_hippie

@RazielCuts said:

@Colourful_Hippie: I just think it's a bit unfair to be asking for a sale or discount on a game that hasn't even (just) come out. If a developer/publisher can't ask for full price at point of release when can they? Games only get cheaper the longer they're out, so if you want to play the game at time of release you pay full price, if you don't you wait a month or two for it's inevitable decrease and sales which'll probably be in the Christmas/New Year anyway.

I don't see anyone demanding a sale. They're just looking for discounts which isn't wrong. I think a developer would like it if someone bought their game now regardless of price instead of not buying it at all because they couldn't afford it or weren't interested enough to pay full price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.