Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Far Cry 3 Map Editor (Console Version)

Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mojo

This post is in reference to the console versions of Far Cry 3 (I'm playing the 360 version). While the multiplayer in Far Cry games has never been good, my friends and I have always had a blast making and playing our own custom maps as a change of pace/dumb fun distraction. I was really looking forward to Far Cry 3's new map editor on top of the single player game. But having worked with this latest version of the map editor over the weekend I found a few things that I thought were very disappointing and confusing omissions.

1) AI (NPC's and animals) cannot be used in published maps. (I can give this one a pass since it's never been included in any of the other map editor versions) But this would have been a cool addition.

2) You cannot control weapon placement on published maps. Far Cry allowed you to place individual weapons to pick up on the map, Far Cry 2 changed this and only allowed you to place ammo crates on published maps and for Far cry 3 you are not allowed to place either in published maps. I understand this choice since the players load out is tied to their level progression in multiplayer, but still the options are there in the menu that can't be used.

3) No free for all death match mode? Why on earth would they exclude a free for all death match mode? Unless I missed something, every multiplayer mode seems to be team based. It's hard enough to get a full group together to play multiplayer, but now I have to worry about getting enough people for two teams? Ridiculous!

4) No Vehicles are allowed in published custom maps? Again this is a confusing omission since vehicles were allowed in the previous versions of the map editor.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that I have missed something in this version of the map editor and some of these things could in fact be non-issues. Please post your thoughts on this version of the map editor, any tips or tricks that you use for your created maps and please let me know if I have missed something in the map maker that does allow any of the above mentioned items to occur. Feel free to post your gamertag or PSN ID and any maps that you have published for other users to check out.

Gamertag = FrogFang

First published map = Double Cross

CaptainDEEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainDEEZ

PSN: CaptainDEEZ

Maps:

-Dormant Ridge

-CDG Excavation

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.