Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Far Cry 3 sniping gameplay

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By conker

Ubisoft has just posted up the same E3 demo, but played in a totally different style. Can't wait for this game! 

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By bicycleham  Online

Where's mah G3

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Multiplayer experience points when you kill enemy NPCs? Hitmarks?! 

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By conker
    @Tru3_Blu3: Did they confirm the xp points were exclusive to multiplayer?
    Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pezen

I hate Far Cry AI. It's dumb yet omnipotent at the same time. In Far Cry 2 I could sit right next to an enemy and he wouldn't see me and at times they saw me from miles away for no apparent reason. And nothing I've seen thusfar from 3 makes me think this one will be any different.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

You can snipe or go in headfirst in almost every first person shooter ever made, game still looks cool but they always put so much spin on this stuff, ITS AN OPEN WORLD! YOU CAN APPROACH IT ANYWAY YOU WANT! But when it comes down to it, you only approach it the best way you can.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268

A SNIPER NEXT TO T HE S HITTER? GEE  HOW CONVENIENT 

In all  honesty, it looks cool, but I really can't get over t he arrows pointing out every enemy and t he weird cover system.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

That guy exercised safe use of a zipline with proper equipment. Unlike SOME games.

Also that shooting looks really fun. So wavy and out of control looking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't say I'm excited for this game I liked the original farcry for PC that Crytek made.Farcry 2 was a huge disappointing I was so hyped for that game but unfortunately the game had to many flaws repetitive missions,respawning enemies, freaking Malaria that was the stupidest idea ever.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"1 skill point available" at the end.  Looks like you'll be able to select perk-like abilities or something.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Also, the gunplay in this game looks quite great.  Very much looking forward to this.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By conker
    @xobballox: Ya noticed that too. Could be pretty interesting or really, really lame. But I feeling good about this game; I absolutely loved Far Cry 2.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm playing FC2 at the moment and loving it; I'm hoping this is that but better. I wish they would get rid of the HUD though, I really like the hudlessness of FC2.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlasherMan
    @Pezen said:

I hate Far Cry AI. It's dumb yet omnipotent at the same time. In Far Cry 2 I could sit right next to an enemy and he wouldn't see me and at times they saw me from miles away for no apparent reason. And nothing I've seen thusfar from 3 makes me think this one will be any different.

Ha, ain't that the truth? I remember being shot at TRHOUGH WALLS in FC2. Inside a closed up room with no windows in one of those complexes, and still being shot at by enemies OUTSIDE.
    I remember at that point I just alt-F4'd and never went back to it again. That was the last straw for me. I tried to put up with the horrible voice acting, the infinite respawns and enemy checkpoints, the crappy mechanics, the "everyone wants to kill you and only you because it's you" thing, but I just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't see this being different in FC3 unfortunately. The game looks really nice though, so there is that.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

This is really the type of shooter I look for when it comes down to it, though I hope there's an option to turn the points off when you shoot a guy.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SlasherMan said:
    @Pezen said:

Ha, ain't that the truth? I remember being shot at TRHOUGH WALLS in FC2. Inside a closed up room with no windows in one of those complexes, and still being shot at by enemies OUTSIDE.I remember at that point I just alt-F4'd and never went back to it again. That was the last straw for me. I tried to put up with the horrible voice acting, the infinite respawns and enemy checkpoints, the crappy mechanics, the "everyone wants to kill you and only you because it's you" thing, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't see this being different in FC3 unfortunately. The game looks really nice though, so there is that.
    What about in FC2 THEIR jeeps could all ways catch you. Then sunndly lose their super speed when you took em. 
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onarum

I truly dislike the cod style numbers coming out after a kill, total immersion breaker imo, I'm pretty sure FC2 didn't had that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@onarum said:

I truly dislike the cod style numbers coming out after a kill, total immersion breaker imo, I'm pretty sure FC2 didn't had that.

As do I, I wouldn't mind as much if you maybe had a small meter somewhere in the bottom corner of a screen, that showed the numbers being added into it and filled. But they break all immersion with '+10 YEAH MAN' 'OH FUCK YEAH, 40 POINTS FOR BLOWING UP DAT BRIDGE, BITCH' right in the middle of the screen.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iDarktread

The numbers need to be optional. The hitmarker would be nice turned off, too.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

its loading, thanks. 
     ten bucks says it's full of scripted events, an explosion at every corner, and multiple-action buttons (tapping a button and having your character kill three dudes) 

Edit: i wasn't too far off! tap a button to super-lunge at an enemy from 3 meters away and take them down, whenever you kill an enemy in single player you get a flashy XP counter on screen!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.