Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Far Cry 3 trailer dropping this Thursday.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

Ubisoft have just released a teaser trailer for the Far Cry 3 trailer which will be released on Thursday16th February 2012. New info will also be available in this month's Edge magazine.

While I think its dumb to release a trailer for a trailer you can check out the teaser below.

Looking at the teaser, it seems like the full trailer might be a cinematic trailer, which is really unfortunate since I wanted more gameplay footage. To be fair the developers did show a lot of footage at E3 last year but more gameplay can only be a good thing. I'm also hoping that new info surfaces after the trailer is released. Is there multiplayer? Co-op? etc.

Far cry 2 had some odd design decisions but the idea of a sandbox FPS is great. The shooting was solid and I always loved watching my friends squirm as they watched the healing animations. My wishes for Far Cry 3 is that it fixes all the issues with the previous game and that the new Jungle setting adds some verticality to the combat-imagine sniping guys from trees etc. Also I hope the hang glider returns and there is a better fast travel system in the game. I'd love a DRM free PC version as well, but it's Ubisoft so...

So are you guys excited for the game? Did you already forget it was coming? What are your hopes for the game?

UPDATED WITH THE FULL TRAILER:

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

What's up WITH THAT SONG!? I mean, it felt so out of place, ugh. Also, i never played any Far Cry, but i really enjoy the concept.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Kinda like how the main guy (I assume the tied up dude) Looks like a kinda lankly dude. Not a super solider. Not some muscle dude. Just some dude. 

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gargantuan

Why dubstep?

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Masha2932
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I was pumped for this game, I mean Far Cry 1 was revolutionary and FC2 was crazy fun, but then I watched the E3 demo.. The Modern Warfare design is strong with this one. Losing control of the camera for a flashy cutscene every now and then, hitting a single button to have your character jump into an animation where he kills three dudes, all kinds of stupid limiting pseudo-story elements that make your stomach turn.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Hopefully this turns out OK. Far Cry 2 was so bad...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @PeasantAbuse said:

Hopefully this turns out OK. Far Cry 2 was so bad...

Only issue I had with that game is the bad guys had magic jeeps that where ALL ways faster then mine. 
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

I thought Far Cry 2 was one of the worst games I have ever played and I'm not exaggerating, at least this one looks like the original Far Cry from the screens.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By downtime58

I agree with most of the sentiment - Far Cry 2 was a good idea poorly executed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By BeachThunder

Sigh, I hope this is actually good; I <3ed Far Cry 2. They better keep that dubstep out of the actual game...

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By unchained

Holy shit at those screens!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I'm one of the rare few who loved the shit out of FC2, and I specifically loved the open nature (which is why the end sucked).

I hope FC3 doesn't go too far down the rigid story path.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikeGosot

I will be THAT guy, and post the dubstep song at the end of the teaser:

@AhmadMetallic said:
    I was pumped for this game, I mean Far Cry 1 was revolutionary and FC2 was crazy fun, but then I watched the E3 demo.. The Modern Warfare design is strong with this one. Losing control of the camera for a flashy cutscene every now and then, hitting a single button to have your character jump into an animation where he kills three dudes, all kinds of stupid limiting pseudo-story elements that make your stomach turn.
    Don't lose hope yet! ...I mean, at least wait for more footage.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, about time, I was almost getting worried about the game since we haven't heard anything since the E3 announcement.

I really enjoyed the first two Far Cry games so I'm most certainly interested in this one.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Masha2932

@downtime58 said:

I agree with most of the sentiment - Far Cry 2 was a good idea poorly executed.

I think that is a perfect summation of what Far cry 2 was.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ares42

Just saw the full trailer. Gotta say they're doing something really interesting with this game. Although "relatable" doesn't really fit it seems to have a somewhat more real or natural style. It's not about some super-guy taking on mr powerful bad guy, just some ordinary people getting jacked by assholes. Although I'm sure as the game progresses it's gonna turn into some shit grand plot or something. But who knows, maybe they actually manage to have some restraint pull off something great and different.....

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BasketSnake

I would like to welcome Jason Brody into my hall of fame (list that is.)

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

Far Cry 2 must be one of the most divisive games ever, people seemed to hate it or really enjoy it.

It's good that they seem to have a good solid story to go with this time because even though I enjoyed Far Cry 2 the story was garbage.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shadows_kill

Not sure what to think of it. Far Cry 2 looked so good beforehand and afterwards... so meh.. I'll definitely be waiting on reviews.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have been sweet if the licensed CryEngine 3 for this game being a Far Cry game and all, but it doesn't seem that way.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

It would have been sweet if they licensed CryEngine 3 for this game being a Far Cry game and all, but it doesn't seem that way.

There's nothing wrong with the Dunia engine; FC2 looked absolutely amazing. Also, apparently they've heavily modified the engine, now let's just hope they don't shortchange the PC version =|

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Masha2932

I'm not sure if the developers confirmed it, but based on the game's logo it seems that the game is still set in Africa.

If you look at the space in the A in Far Cry 2 and 3 they both look like an inverted map of Africa.

PS3 UK Box Art
    PS3 UK Box Art
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.