Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

I hope they pull through with the villain

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

They seem to be pushing him really hard in all their trailers and he seems incredibly menacing. Almost reminds me of tuco from Breaking Bad, he actually gives me chills when he talks. I just really hope they don't drop the ball on him. I know this isn't a fair comparison but for homefront they really talked up the story and campaign but that turned out not so well to say the least. Do you guys think they will follow through and make him as awesome as they've shown? I have hope but from the past 2 games not really having a central guy, or at least one they focused on I'm a bit worried. Either way I think the game looks amazing

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Yeah, hopefully they come through on that end. The Jackal was cool in Far Cry 2, but he was almost non-existent up until a certain point.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

I think the gameplay looks fine, but that specific character would be the main reason I play that game. He seems like the kind of guy that you, as the player, love to hate.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Breadfan That's the thing that makes me doubt it. I mean they did establish him but it's like you never saw him. I want this guy to show up a lot ad constantly intimidate you
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By warxsnake
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @Breadfan That's the thing that makes me doubt it. I mean they did establish him but it's like you never saw him. I want this guy to show up a lot ad constantly intimidate you
    How about for once marketing doesn't spoil everything in a game before it comes out and leaves something for when you actually play. 
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NTM

I agree that he looks like a great villain that you just want to stop, but have you noticed that every trailer he says fuck? I have no problem with swearing, but it's almost to an annoying level now.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sackmanjones said:
    Do you guys think they will follow through and make him as awesome as they've shown? 
    Nope. I think he's a tool for pre-release buzz, a face that gets attention and clicks and intrigue, and turns out to be a boring uninteresting character in a falsely promising and extremely generic hold-your-hand "shooter."
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@warxsnake said:

@Sackmanjones said:
    How about for once marketing doesn't spoil everything in a game before it comes out and leaves something for when you actually play.

Yeah. And if they're gonna make this guy be in any way effective, they can't overexpose him in the game, let alone promo material. He might be great, but they can't expect to have one character carry the whole game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @MarkWahlberg

@warxsnake said:

@Sackmanjones said:

Yeah. And if they're gonna make this guy be in any way effective, they can't overexpose him in the game, let alone promo material. He might be great, but they can't expect to have one character carry the whole game.

I agree. I think it looks like it will play good. Im just hoping the character turns out as good as it seems it can
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By N7

At the end of the game he's totally going to be revealed as your subconscious. Calling it.

Some sort of Walter White "How far will you go" type shit.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @N7
    At the end of the game he's totally going to be revealed as your subconscious. Calling it.

Fuck… you are probably right
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ch3burashka

So far they've managed to capture an 'insane genius' feel, which I thoroughly enjoy. An insane antagonist is just a scapegoat for crazy shit to happen, but an insane genius has something to say despite being fucking insane. The Jackal also somewhat fit the insane genius category, in the kind of 'insane in a pit of insanity' way. Loved the Jackal bits toward the end. Made the 30-hour trek worth it.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Its going to be kind of hard to beat the villian in Far Cry 2.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands."

The jackal was pretty awesome.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Turns out he's the good guy and you're a murdering rapist.

TWIST!!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

@senorfuzzeh said:

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands."

Wow. Shame the gameplay couldn't hold my interest.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaneDev

They will probably ruin it by having every character you met be totally crazy like the Doctor and thus not very unique.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @N7

Fuck… you are probably right
    Thats BUT fight club kinda thing. Where you are really the leader of the group and are killing your own men. 
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@TheHT said:

@senorfuzzeh said:

Wow. Shame the gameplay couldn't hold my interest.

To be honest, the first time I picked it up it didn't keep my interest either. It bored the crap out of me with in like a few hours.

Then like a couple months ago I picked it up again and played the shit out of it. I think you just have to go in expecting it to be the way it is. I dont know honestly.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

@senorfuzzeh: Hmm, I'll see if I can't find it. Give it another go. Not much interesting stuff coming out anyways.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By D_Bones

The villian in the trailer was the whole reason I'm intrigued by the game at all. Never played the other games (would be interested in knowing if they are worth a shot) but if he is central to the plot the game could be interesting.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

@TheHT said:

@senorfuzzeh: Hmm, I'll see if I can't find it. Give it another go. Not much interesting stuff coming out anyways.

Yeah, Far Cry 2 is a bit like Morrowind in that you have to play it for a little while and get used to its quirks before you can really start to appreciate and like it.

Anyway, I'm like the OP. This guy has the potential to be a memorable villain but let's not have him carry the entire game on his shoulders, all right?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @believer258 said:

@TheHT said:

Yeah, Far Cry 2 is a bit like Morrowind in that you have to play it for a little while and get used to its quirks before you can really start to appreciate and like it.

Anyway, I'm like the OP. This guy has the potential to be a memorable villain but let's not have him carry the entire game on his shoulders, all right?

I was a big fan of 2, and its probably pretty cheap now so I'd give it a shot. Before you start to judge though you definitely need to get a few hours deep. 

I also agree that the game can't be entirely about this insane guy, but its a good base and I would like him to appear more than the "Jackel" in Far Cry 2
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Sackmanjones said:

@believer258 said:

@TheHT said:

I was a big fan of 2, and its probably pretty cheap now so I'd give it a shot. Before you start to judge though you definitely need to get a few hours deep. I also agree that the game can't be entirely about this insane guy, but its a good base and I would like him to appear more than the "Jackel" in Far Cry 2

Exactly, gotta put some hours into before it truely feels like your doing something.

In a way, I agree, but at the same time I don't want them to just do the same thing they did in Far Cry 2. Perhaps if they did more with his insanity to make him truely unpredictable. From the trailers he seems like just a generic crazy antagonist who is so crazy it almost becomes predictable. I am sure they can pull it off, but I still think it'll be hard to beat the Jackal.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The definition of dubstep:

AlfredCapone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By AlfredCapone

@Sackmanjones: I just hope this is more like 1 and A LOT less like 2.. Im excited for this, so i want it to be good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll find out soon enough, he sure has made an impression in the trailers.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Apparently their is way more RPG to this game, which has me psyched!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.