Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Issues with lag?

Avatar image for murderslingshot
    MurderSlingshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MurderSlingshot

(I'm new to the world of PC gaming so I dont know almost anything about anything so PLEASE bear with me.) I bought Far Cry 3 for my laptop that was optimized for PC games. When I get into the game the game will run fine on the "High" setting but it does seem to lag sometimes. The video quality doesnt drop, the game just lags for a couple of seconds. I'm playing it with a mouse and keyboard now but after Christmas I will be playing it with a gamepad if that makes any sort of difference. Thanks for any help you can give me duders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd247d375aa3
    deactivated-5fd247d375aa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Maybe because it's a laptop, and you're trying to play a demanding game on it? What specs does it have? In what ways is it "optimized" for PC games? Lower your settings dog, this ain't console gaming.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By kgb0515

Yeah....you will most likely need to adjust some of the settings. Far Cry 3 is a pretty graphically demanding game with DX11. Just play around with some of the advanced video settings until the frame rate smooths out a bit for you. I also play with an XBox 360 controller as an FYI.

Avatar image for murderslingshot
    MurderSlingshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MurderSlingshot

Ok. Ill try messing with the settings. Thanks for the help

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Klei

Post FX setting fucks up the fluidity of mouse control. Turn it to low/medium.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.