Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

PC Controller Support?

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yesac2004

I'm sure it's a given with seeing as Assassin's Creed 3 just shipped with it, but has it been confirmed that FC3 will have controller support?

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Samael2138
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Are there actually multi-platform games that don't have controller support? I can't remember any in a long time. It's the only good thing GFWL ever did.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BasketSnake

I don't know what this "pc" is. I just call it steambox.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@Zaccheus said:

Are there actually multi-platform games that don't have controller support? I can't remember any in a long time. It's the only good thing GFWL ever did.

FEAR 2 doesn't and Mass Effect 3 didn't.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By bibamatt

Yup, I played the PC version with an Xbox controller at Eurogamer Expo this year. Someone had set the mouse to the lowest sensitivity setting (so unusable) and the rep couldn't work out how to change it back. :/

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zaccheus

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

What? Did I play ME3 with a mouse? That's surprising.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justin258

@Zaccheus said:

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

Unless they patched in controller support or you used XPadder or something, you played Mass Effect 3 on PC with a mouse. I remember people complaining about it.

EDIT: For the record, unless a game is specifically designed in a way that using a gamepad would be nearly impossible, it's a good bet that most modern games on PC will have controller support of some sort. FEAR 2 and ME3 are the only console ports I can name that didn't have mouse support, and I'm not even sure if FEAR 2 is a port. That game played weirdly on 360.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Svenzon

@Zaccheus said:

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

I definitely did and this was 3 months after launch. Plugging in a controller did nothing.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Yup unfortunately controller support on PC is still not a given, it's just a happy majority right now.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By DystopiaX

@DJJoeJoe said:

Yup unfortunately controller support on PC is still not a given, it's just a happy majority right now.

I consider it a given, the only game I ran into that doesn't support controllers is Mass Effect, as mentioned above, and 1 game hardly makes it not a given.

Well I guess you could consider games like Diablo and Starcraft but I don't think that anyone would ever want to play those games that way anyway.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

Unless they patched in controller support or you used XPadder or something, you played Mass Effect 3 on PC with a mouse. I remember people complaining about it.

EDIT: For the record, unless a game is specifically designed in a way that using a gamepad would be nearly impossible, it's a good bet that most modern games on PC will have controller support of some sort. FEAR 2 and ME3 are the only console ports I can name that didn't have mouse support, and I'm not even sure if FEAR 2 is a port. That game played weirdly on 360.

All of the Mass Effect games on PC don't have controller support.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By triple07

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

What the fuck really? I would hate to play Mass Effect with a mouse and keyboard. Also didn't Vinny mention that one of the Modern warfares made him use mouse and keyboard?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

All of the Mass Effect games on PC don't have controller support.

Which blows my mind honestly. No idea how that hasn't been patched in or whatever at this point.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

@kishinfoulux: Bioware was touting some serious bullshit about saying that they wanted to make a "legit" PC port so KBM is the way to play.....which just means that they were just too lazy to put in gamepad support.

@triple07: I think it was just the Infinity Ward CoD games that ditched the controller support.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Devil240Z

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

MW3 didn't either.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Justin258
    @triple07

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

What the fuck really? I would hate to play Mass Effect with a mouse and keyboard. Also didn't Vinny mention that one of the Modern warfares made him use mouse and keyboard?

I forgot about that one, MW3 does not have controller support either.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

Bioshock 2 also doesn't support gamepads, which is bananas. Apparently the GFWL rule is that they don't force gamepad support, but if you do support gamepads, it then has to support the 360 controller. So Microsoft could certainly do more to help the gamepad initiative. Oh well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Justin258
    @JJWeatherman

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

Bioshock 2 also doesn't support gamepads, which is bananas. Apparently the GFWL rule is that they don't force gamepad support, but if you do support gamepads, it then has to support the 360 controller. So Microsoft could certainly do more to help the gamepad initiative. Oh well.

So it supports a gamepad, the most common one by far, just not your preferred gamepad?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By JJWeatherman

@believer258 said:

@JJWeatherman

@believer258 said:

@Zaccheus said:

So it supports a gamepad, the most common one by far, just not your preferred gamepad?

No. Actually in Bioshock 2's case, the devs opted not to support gamepads at all on PC, which, even though it's a GFWL game, not to mention a console port, you can do. That's my issue. It's just sort of ridiculous. Especially when I'd just finished up the original Bioshock on PC which does support gamepads. I know, different devs and all, but still.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.