Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Playing Stealth did not prepare me for gun fights

Blackbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm not the biggest gamer in the world and I'm certainly not one that seeks out extreme gaming challenges to feel achievement or a sense of accomplishment. I usually do the single player story and then move on.

With Far Cry 3, ever since I got the bow, I've spent the majority of the game sneaking around silently taking everything done, animals and enemies. What I have found is that when I'm in a serious gun fight, I can't cope! The speed at which your health goes down coupled with the laggy or even buggy Press Y to heal (I'm playing on Xbox 360) makes the game just no fun anymore. I'm on the 6th to last mission on the second island 'Paint it Black' and I get so frustrated at the rate my health falls. I press Y to heal, there is a clear second delay before anything happens, I also have to stand still or it's like I never even pressed Y.

I'm so close to finishing the story, I've liberated all the outposts on the first island and hunted everything to get all the upgrades, I'm just so not looking forward to open air gun fights.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just turning into a casual gaming pussy?

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Get the endorphins boost syringe. That stuff basically is a instaheal heal double your health cheat. That plus skills like increasing your hp and reducing damage from fire should make is fairly easy ( I just finished on the 2nd to hardest difficulty without much trouble.)

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I always carry an LMG with a sight on it to bust out when a firefight breaks out. Seems to work out pretty well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.