Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

(POLL) Which platform are you planning on buying Far Cry 3 for?

• 64 results
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mike

I have a feeling this one is going to end up weighing heavily in favor of the PC version, it seems far superior in almost every way to the console versions. I just purchased and preloaded on Steam after watching the Quick Look.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By dungbootle

I would play PC if my machine was more capable but as of right now my only option is PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dungbootle said:

I would play PC if my machine was more capable but as of right now my only option is PS3

Same here, I would love to a PC capable of running this game but no cash = my ps3 lol.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mike

@Fredddi43 said:

Would definitely buy for PC, but my Macbook won't even get near 10 frames of this, and since a new PC is expensive, I'll stick with the Xbox one. But I plan on buying another copy for PC, when, in the near future, I finally buy a gaming PC.

At least you'll be able to get a PC copy on deep discount at some point over the next 3-6 months, probably at 50% off or more during a Steam sale. Watch out for it, then you'll have some motivation to put that PC together!

I had a huge library of Steam games ready months before I even began piecing together my PC. Try to watch out for Steam sales and pick games up even if you can't play them now, especially when they're 75% off or more.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Timing

Don't have a gaming PC so I've been playing it on 360 since Thursday. I know the PC version looks much better but I think this version looks fine as well.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By sweep  Moderator

PC, though only if it's in the Winter steam sale.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By phrosnite

PC of course.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nightriff

PS3 once it drops in price, I still prefer the console (and my PC can't play it).

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Castiel

PS3 it's dynamite

PS3 and it will win the fight

PS3 it's a power-load

PS3 watch it explooooooode

Nah I'm just getting it for the PS3 cause it's what I got.

dutchbear10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dutchbear10

I will buy a new PC before I play this game. I watched the quick look and it seems that the consoles don't do it justice. So time to start saving money.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By donchipotle

At the moment I am getting the 360 version, but once I get my new computer I am getting the PC version as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
    deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 as my laptop isn't very powerful.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Already got the PC version for some coop action...

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By mikey87144

God I hate how awesome PC gaming has become. I was all set to buy a $1200 rig earlier this year then stuff happened. I'll probably end up purchasing this game during the Steam sale next year, (incidentally, I wonder how many people have bought PC games from the Steam sale in preparation of getting a rig to play them on), but for now PS3.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshthebear

360, as I'm a poor college student without the extra $ to buy a gaming PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. But no matter your platform of choice, it'll be a blast!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By SMTDante89

If I pick it up, it'll be for the PS3 since that and my laptop are all I have, and I know the laptop can't run the game.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RazielCuts

Let the PC vs Console fight commence and all the console people feel like shit and they're buying the 'inferior' version because they don't have a powerful enough PC to run it. Helpful poll, really, and by a mod no less.

RidMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RidMad

PC hand's down! Check out the game on ultra settings! It's champ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TaxydFGt8Y

deano546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By deano546

The right one.

PC.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MarkWahlberg

If one were to have an iMac instead of a PC, would a bootcamped Far Cry run any better than the 360 version?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lukeweizer

I pre-ordered for 360 about a year and a half ago during an E3 sale. Since that time, I have built a PC capable of playing games. I'm tempted to keep the 360 copy in case a couple friends pick it up and want to play co-op, but I think the co-op isn't worth having a seperate copy for. I'll be returning the 360 version when it arrives as I've already bought the PC version on Steam now.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colourful_hippie

PC, duh.

@RazielCuts said:

Let the PC vs Console fight commence and all the console people feel like shit and they're buying the 'inferior' version because they don't have a powerful enough PC to run it. Helpful poll, really, and by a mod no less.

Projecting much?

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By ericdrum

PC.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathByWaffle

360. I haven't played the game yet, but I can't help but feel the GB crew was exaggerating how bad the 360 version was. Maybe dips in frame rate doesn't incense me like it does for the guys.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Subjugation

PC. Master race. Just kidding, but seriously ... having a capable PC makes it the platform of choice for everything. Even blatant console games just need a 360 controller plugged in and you're set, no biggie.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mike

@RazielCuts said:

The poll is useful in a number of ways. Namely, it provides some insight on what percentage of Giant Bomb users have gaming PC's, and beyond that, also shows the PS3/360 console split when that information really would not have been available any other way.

No one here is trying to incite any "fighting", and really, the only negative comment in the thread is yours. It's all about data, dude.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Hizang

I got the PS3 version, because its all I have, but for what it's worth I think it's fine.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RazielCuts

@MB said:

@RazielCuts said:

The poll is useful in a number of ways. Namely, it provides some insight on what percentage of Giant Bomb users have gaming PC's, and beyond that, also shows the PS3/360 console split when that information really would not have been available any other way.

No one here is trying to incite any "fighting", and really, the only negative comment in the thread is yours. It's all about data, dude.

Well all the non PC buying comments have been predicated with the 'this console but I'd get it on PC if I could' as if they should feel some sort of shame for getting it on console and have to be like 'yeah I know guys, not the best version' before they can answer. Someone posted a thread about being 'bummed' after the QL about all the 'gross' and 'ew' comments from the GB crew and I generally there sentiments have been getting rather elitist. Coupled with all the conversation of this 'console generation has gone on too long'. We live in a tech industry so we want the shiniest of shiny and are always looking forward but it's getting a bit disheartening and I'm starting to wonder the reasons behind why people play games. Is it to look at shiny things or to have a good experience? I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive it's just a bit sad, we're better than that. /rant

On the note of user base data on PC/PS3/360...if the achievements were fully working on the site that would fix that wouldn't it?... It would actually be pretty cool if the site surfaced more of that information, I think at one point in the old design it did didn't it? 'Most unlocked Achievement of the day' or something on the homepage.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

@RazielCuts: Acknowledging something being superior to something else is in no way elitist.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StrawHat_NPC

I'll be picking it up for 360 which I think looks fine and I can play some co-op with my friends and play each others stupid maps together. I'll probably pick it up again for PC next year when it's cheap though. Even though I'll only be able to play it on low/medium but if I get a new PC it'll be sweet.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FrankieSpankie

PC for sure. I'm going to wait on it though. I don't trust Ubisoft's DRM and I'd rather not get annoyed as fuck trying to work the game in the first few weeks when I'm sure Ubisoft's servers will likely be overloaded and won't even allow you to play a singleplayer game because of it.

Jumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jumbs

@RazielCuts said:

@MB said:

@RazielCuts said:

Well all the non PC buying comments have been predicated with the 'this console but I'd get it on PC if I could' as if they should feel some sort of shame for getting it on console and have to be like 'yeah I know guys, not the best version' before they can answer. Someone posted a thread about being 'bummed' after the QL about all the 'gross' and 'ew' comments from the GB crew and I generally there sentiments have been getting rather elitist. Coupled with all the conversation of this 'console generation has gone on too long'. We live in a tech industry so we want the shiniest of shiny and are always looking forward but it's getting a bit disheartening and I'm starting to wonder the reasons behind why people play games. Is it to look at shiny things or to have a good experience? I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive it's just a bit sad, we're better than that. /rant

It's not elitist, it's their opinion. Their opinion is that this console generation has gone too long, and games have started to suffer because of it. Far Cry 3 is the best example of this, as my three year old computer can play this game fine (I could probably put this PC together for 400 bucks now), but the xbox suffers.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By Seppli

I'm definitely buying it. Dunno when though. Right now, I'm at capacity with games I'm actively playing and enjoying. I'll be getting it for PC sometime in 2013 *knock on wood*.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeanFoster

PC...we'll see if its up to the challenge!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@AlexW00d said:

@RazielCuts: Acknowledging something being superior to something else is in no way elitist.

I assume you weren't in that thread on Saturday

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By colourful_hippie

@connerthekewlkid said:

@AlexW00d said:

His point still stands though, sure people who have the better version can rub it in other people's faces in the worst possible way but they are just assholes. I'm starting to think that these console defenders coming into any thread that talks about both PC and console versions are only projecting their own insecurities than anything else.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@AlexW00d said:

His point still stands though, sure people who have the better version can rub it in other people's faces in the worst possible way but they are just assholes. I'm starting to think that these console defenders coming into any thread that talks about both PC and console versions are only projecting their own insecurities than anything else.

How was I in any way being a console defender? I was just asking if he saw the giant thread about all this yesterday

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By MildMolasses

I would get the pc version off of steam, but the bandwidth caps really inhibit digital purchases. I could get a retail copy, but I really like blip of achievements, so if I'm going to a store, I'm gonna get the 360 version

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By colourful_hippie

@connerthekewlkid: Not talking about you.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By yetiantics

PS3 for sure. But i'll wait for a sale or a price drop.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Colourful_Hippie: oh sorry about snapping at you then :[

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sanity

I was on the fence as i kinda wanted to wait for a steam sale, but i picked it up today and i'll check it out in 20 mins when its done downloading... You win again video games.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By ThePickle

360. PC is not currently an option as I do not have one.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Revan_NL

PS3, simply because it has become my main system as of late

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@RazielCuts said:

I think it's a perfectly reasonable poll, at no point was any version implied to be "inferior". If anyone here is attempting to provoke an argument, it's you.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RazielCuts

@Sweep said:

@RazielCuts said:

I think it's a perfectly reasonable poll, at no point was any version implied to be "inferior". If anyone here is attempting to provoke an argument, it's you.

Yeah I got that already thanks, pretty much verbatim from and if you read the comment attached to the poll I think the other versions were out right said as 'inferior' not just implied.

I have a feeling this one is going to end up weighing heavily in favor of the PC version, it seems far superior in almost every way to the console versions.
    Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zelyre

@MarkWahlberg said:

If one were to have an iMac instead of a PC, would a bootcamped Far Cry run any better than the 360 version?

A fairly generic question. What kind of iMac do you have? Unless you have a 27" iMac, I'm guessing you have an AMD 6750 in your iMac, since it's in last year's model and The New iMac (copyright, trademark, etc, etc.).

You won't be playing it in 1080p like people with PCs, but this is Fracry 3 on maximum settings at 720p on a 6750. This looks like the intro of the game, so you can compare this video with the first twenty minutes of the FC3 quick look.

If you have the 27" iMac, regardless of the year, those video cards should be able to push 60fps at 1680x1050.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.