Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

ps3 frame rate issues

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

anybody else experiencing frame rate issues with the ps3 version, it gets worse in the second part of the game when you get to the second island. Am i on my own or is this a regular occurence. It doesnt make the game unplayable just detracts from the overall experience. Thanks guys

SonnyCheebah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SonnyCheebah

I'm sure you're not alone. You are playing on a console, after all.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onarum

yeah watch the quicklook they did on the 360, bad framerate all around, there's so much they can do with ancient hardware you know...

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

so is the framerate supposed to be like that or is it just my copy of the game

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

@gazcrawfo8692 Everybody who is playing this game on a console is experiencing a bad framerate. They might be OK with it and say that it's fine because they can play it, but across the board this game has been proven to have a bad framerate on the PS3 and 360.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The frame rate on the console versions is abysmal, and was reported to be running between 15 - 30 fps. For some reason though I find that I can handle lower fps better when I play on consoles. Perhaps it's something to do with the different input methods (mouse vs gamepad)? Anyway, you do get accustomed to it and the game is playable for the most part.

Frame rates aside though, the game looks pretty damn good on consoles and it's impressive what they've managed to pull of with 256mb of RAM...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.