Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Want/Need a Game Guide? Rorie wrote one!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Yep, continues to be awesome, and wrote a game guide for Far Cry 3 over at GameSpot. Link (no spoilers on first pages, what I can see)

Personally I'm avoiding the story walkthrough, but some general hints and tips will surely come in handy. Seems he's writing quite a few guides these days for GameSpot, but I'm mostly happy to read his work.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rorie

Glad someone saw that! Unfortunately I appeared to have sent them smaller images than I intended to, but hopefully that won't impact anyone's enjoyment of the guide.

To be honest, the storyline doesn't really need much of a walkthrough, as I realized when I was writing it. The game is very hand-hold-y and it's difficult to go astray. But the general tips might help if you're having trouble in any of those areas.

I also wrote a bit about the game on my blog. I wish it was better than it was, but it's pretty good for a 20-hour adventure. Just not in the same league as the truly great open-world games.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By uberexplodey

We miss you Rorie, come home.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Binman88

Awesome.

@Rorie: Don't know if you have the option to add anything to that guide, but under the relics section it might be worth pointing out that there is one relic in the game that is not on your map and you can only get it when you still have access to the cave under the doctor's house. I really hope I get access to that cave again before the story ends.

Edit: Turns out I had already seen the last of that cave, so I'll never get that relic. Oh well.

Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Alpha1

Great Job :)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'm sure he had a great time with that.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CptBedlam

@UberExplodey said:

We miss you Rorie, come home.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By fattony12000
    SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SmilingPig

I see that Gamespot is still fishing for clicks (Next Page) like crazy.

Anyway it’s nice to see that Matt Rorie is still alive.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Rorie needs to be on some more GB quick looks or anything really! He is pretty awesome.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By fox01313

Glanced at the first few pages & looks pretty insightful & wicked cool. Will definitely go to this guide when I get Far Cry3. Thanks.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By rorie

@Binman88 said:

Awesome.

@Rorie: Don't know if you have the option to add anything to that guide, but under the relics section it might be worth pointing out that there is one relic in the game that is not on your map and you can only get it when you still have access to the cave under the doctor's house. I really hope I get access to that cave again before the story ends.

Edit: Turns out I had already seen the last of that cave, so I'll never get that relic. Oh well.

Luckily the relic achievement comes halfway through the numbers, so you don't need to get them all unless you're obsessed with doing so or something!

Unfortunately I don't have any access to the guides after they go up so I can't change anything, alas.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Binman88

@Rorie: Ha, I didn't even realise I got it and just assumed it would be for bagging all of them. Probably no need to tell people then. Aside from achievements, I really enjoyed running around the map collecting the relics, so I was just a little bummed that I couldn't get all 120 of them.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

Matthew Roarie. Judging by your current work you seem to be contributing all over the internet. You should drop by this internet, using three easy steps:

1. Make excuse to appear in piece of content.

2. Appear in content.

3. There actually is no step three, it ended up being simpler than I initially assumed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.