Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

What happened to PETA's demands?

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Demmetje

I remember PETA making a fuzz at the release of Far Cry 2. As a result the zebra's just fell over when hit by a vehicle.

Where did these things go with the new installment? As far as I can see they didn't hold back with any of the violence against animals this time around?

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By runnah555

Looking for attention elsewhere i suspect.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Demmetje said:

I remember PETA making a fuzz at the release of Far Cry 2. As a result the zebra's just fell over when hit by a vehicle.

Where did these things go with the new installment? As far as I can see they didn't hold back with any of the violence against animals this time around?

Maybe because its gotten to a point where no one cares about PETA anymore? They have kinda gone insane recently with their spinoff games and all their bullshit. 
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Weren't they busy being silly about Pokemon? Again?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Maybe people gave a damn when Far Cry 2 came out but one visit to their website makes it seem like they are nothing more than a parody of themselves these days. No one pays any attention to them.

EDIT: Granted, they weren't too bright then either, but I don't think they were attacking Pokemon.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Sigh PETA. I understand we all need a cause, but I mean come on. I'm all against animal cruelty but those fuckers make me want to fantasize about some dark things. Mainly involving them, me and a hatchet. The uh, the hatchet's in my hand. Kind of needed to make that clear.

Edit: Holy shit! You guys really need to play the Pokemon game on PETA's site! I just opened a chest. You know what was inside? A video about the unethical treatment of bacon...i mean pigs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Demmetje said:

Maybe because its gotten to a point where no one cares about PETA anymore? They have kinda gone insane recently with their spinoff games and all their bullshit.

Recently? They haven't been sane or respectable for a very, very long time, if ever.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Making threads about the PETA nutjobs is just what they want. Like trolls, if we ignore them, they go away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feed them to ravenous pigs!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TeflonBilly said:

Feed them to ravenous pigs!

But make sure to remove any metal jewelry because it might harm the pigs. 
    Haliaeetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Haliaeetus

Maybe they all died from shock after watching a trailer for Tokyo Jungle.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

Don't remind them that its coming out so it can slip under the radar. :|

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marcsman

Fuck PETA . They are probably going after some school kids drinking milk.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By imhungry

@Haliaeetus said:

Maybe they all died from shock after watching a trailer for Tokyo Jungle.

Eagerly awaiting the PETA Tokyo Jungle spin-off. Actually, would Tokyo Jungle just be PETA's ideal world?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

They've moved onto those evil Pokeman trainers.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By notdavid

PETA can suck my righteous meat scepter of justice.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Please, stop giving PETA attention. They're not dumb, these marketing campaigns are meant to cause controversy to raise awareness of them. We're still having trouble with people spreading their name all over the place as part of this Pokemon thing, we don't need to give them more publicity by resurrecting old PETA campaigns as well. They're a bad organisation, they've given money to some questionable places, and kill an extraordinary amount of animals. They're not people who we should be raising awareness for unless it's with the strict instructions that people stay the hell away from them.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Zleunamme

It didn't give them enough attention through mainstream media, so they went somewhere else.

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demmetje

@Gamer_152:

Wow, was just interested... Didn't mean to go into their politics... just wondered why all of a sudden they're nog making a problem out of it anymore...

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By david3cm

I just read Shaun McInnis' write up about the game over at Gamespot and apparently he was throwing grenades at sharks and skinning them to get a larger wallet. I want this game NOW.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Gamer_152 said:

Please, stop giving PETA attention. They're not dumb, these marketing campaigns are meant to cause controversy to raise awareness of them. We're still having trouble with people spreading their name all over the place as part of this Pokemon thing, we don't need to give them more publicity by resurrecting old PETA campaigns as well. They're a bad organisation, they've given money to some questionable places, and kill an extraordinary amount of animals. They're not people who we should be raising awareness for unless it's with the strict instructions that people stay the hell away from them.

What are you referring to here exactly?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By JasonR86

Fuck PETA. They wouldn't understand reasonableness if it punched them in the face.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By iamjohn

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Not sure about the first part of the statement, but the second part is true (albeit a bit on the misleading side) - PETA euthanizes the majority of the animals in their and partnered shelters. The problem is, a lot of those animals are rescues that were abused or abandoned and they cannot find a home for. It's a catch-22: keep the animal alive in spite of a ridiculous lack of resources and a dwindling likelihood that someone would be willing to adopt it, or kill it and have to deal with being hypocrites.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@iAmJohn said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Not sure about the first part of the statement, but the second part is true (albeit a bit on the misleading side) - PETA euthanizes the majority of the animals in their and partnered shelters. The problem is, a lot of those animals are rescues that were abused or abandoned and they cannot find a home for. It's a catch-22: keep the animal alive in spite of a ridiculous lack of resources and a dwindling likelihood that someone would be willing to adopt it, or kill it and have to deal with being hypocrites.

Thanks. As harsh as that sounds, I can understand it perfectly.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By colourful_hippie

Someone should tell PETA then so Far Cry 3 will get even more attention.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Thanks. As harsh as that sounds, I can understand it perfectly.

I've already written a bit of a thing over here, but believe me what PETA are doing is not reasonable. When we say PETA are euthanising the majority of animals, we're not talking about slight majorities, we're talking about a situation where in 2009 they've had a 96% kill rate or in 2006 had a 99% kill rate, the organisation with a budget of over $35 million only got 8 pets adopted in 2009. PETA put to death any animal they deem unadoptable, but have no definition for what that actually means. They have a lack of resources when it comes to how much they have to help animals, but that's entirely their own fault. They put the very large majority of their now over $37 million into marketing, with less than 1% actually going to helping animals. I could go on about this for a while, but I implore you to look into it and I implore the gamers who keep raging at PETA every time they're prodded by one of their marketing campaigns to see that PETA are intentionally trying to manufacture controversy for their own causes.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Gamer_152:

Thanks I will. Those kind of percentages were not what I had in mind. If it can be clearly proven that so little of their funds are directed directly into the welfare of the animals they care for, it's simply indefensible.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By toowalrus
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    Maybe because its gotten to a point where no one cares about PETA anymore?                                         
    God, I hope so. Also:

TOTAL POKEMON LIBERATION NOW!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.