Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Is it alright to skip Shangri La missions?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I am about half way through the game now and literally just noticed the icons on the map for the Shangri la missions(I thought I would Yogi's missions would lead to more of them). I didn't hate the first Shangri La mission, but it was literally the only place in this game where I hit any bugs(pc version. There is an issue where if you use binoculars in Shangri La the whole mission crashed at certain points) so it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Would I really be missing out if I skipped these missions?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They have some pretty cool moments but they aren't that important. I think you have to do at least 2 to unlock one of the skills though.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I still have to do the second mission for the skill. Maybe I should be more enthused.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully

Well I guess I'll do it for the skill...

The first mission was visually pleasing and pretty fun, I would just rather do pretty much anything else in the game.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's def the worst part of the game, but I thought it had a reasonably satisfying conclusion that I'm glad I saw

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I thought they were visually really stunning and beautiful to look at. They have some neat parts and the boss fight in the last one is kinda cool, but they were also pretty tedious to play after awhile. Dealing with those fire guys is maybe the most frustrating part of the game.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I don't remember what you get for them outside of the tapestry but I remember that they were all visually interesting. That last boss was a pain in the ass though.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Really cool visuals, breaks up the monotony of the main game a little bit. But not essential.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By UnrealDP

It gets real bad once they decide forcing you to fly around is a good idea. That's like the third or fourth one, but just stop once you get all you need to unlock those skills.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

They've got really cool visuals, but I did not find those segments fun at all. And the boss fight at the end of the last one is miserable.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

not if you want an s rank.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.