Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

Farcry 5 - gain 4 levels of resistance??

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all, no spoilers here. Trying to unlock some weapons in FC5, the requirement is to gain 4 levels of resistance in a single region. I just finished Johns region, resistance meter is maxed out yet no weapons are unlocked? Is there another meter somewhere I should be looking at? As that resistance meter can't go any higher its maxed out... Its all measured in the 1000s whereas the weapon unlocks require single digits of resistance?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sirvapesal0t: That should have worked, it refers to the pips on the meter on the map. I would try to restart the game, your understanding of the system is correct.

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SirVapesAl0t

Ah OK, seems bugged for me have restarted, cleared data (xbone) gone to another region, taken an outpost and tried gunshop there nothing seems to unlock them! I even went around blowing up all the silos in the region I maxed and still nothing...

jackp28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jackp28

I have the same issue, I have maxed put John's region (aka killed him) and I have done literally everything minus 4 missions, and I don't even have the one weapon that needs me to have "3 levels of resistance". If the system is what we think it is, I should be at least 4, and if killing the lieutenant counts, then 5. This is the only forum I've found so far with this issue posted so I hope someone can figure this out soon!

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The game is quite buggy at the moment.

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started campaign missions on another region and the weapons are now unlocking so that would mean it's not possible to unlock everything via one region. It's still not clear to me where your current level is displayed but by completing one region and being currently about 25% on another I've just unlocked weapons that were locked at level 4 resistance

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A completed region still only gives you 3 levels of resistance, so if the weapon you want requires lvl 4 resistance you must work up to one third of another region to get that 4th resistance point. The wording is definitely not 'from one region'.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started campaign missions on another region and the weapons are now unlocking so that would mean it's not possible to unlock everything via one region. It's still not clear to me where your current level is displayed but by completing one region and being currently about 25% on another I've just unlocked weapons that were locked at level 4 resistance

The requirements to unlock weapons is based accumulated levels of resistance across all the regions (it also says so in the store). Each region has either 3 or 4 (I don`t remember which) levels of resistance you can get, so you will have to complete multiple regions to unlock everything since some of the weapons require 8 or 9 levels of resistance. You can figure out your current level of resistance by counting the amount of blips you have unlocked in the different regions or look for the lowest amount required to unlock the next thing in the shop and take that minus 1 since you unlock something every time you level up the resistance.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Quipido

Yes, note that the first pip on each meter doesn't count, only the three per region after that.

fahq6997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your current resistance points can be seen on the map screen top right between your money and silver bar amounts.

Crazyhorse1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fahq6997: That's not resistance points that's perks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.