Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

Let's Talk About "That" Far Cry 5 Ending ( Spoiler Thread )

• 50 results
    Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Qrowdyy

The resist ending is staying true to the theme of this game in that it's nonsensical pseudo-religious bullshit. So that's what I picked.

I'm hard pressed to think of another triple A game with a story as bad as Far Cry 5. Every other game I've played has been, at minimum, coherent(even when the writing is abysmal and the dialogue laughable).

Also, relying on a random radio broadcast to make sense of the ending is just shitty writing. I never heard it in my 30ish hours with the game and, from what I'm hearing, neither did many other people.

Also force feeding you main missions when hit RP thresholds is such a bad idea. Go anywhere, do anything, in our open world game. Except for when we take control away from the player and force them to listen to our boring antagonists babble something about religion in a cutscene.

What the fuck are seals? What the fuck is bliss? What the actual fuck was going on with that music box Jacob Seed used to brainwash you? How did Joseph Seed capture the entire resistance in the end? Is all this shit just author fiat cuz that's what it looks like to me. I'll say again, the story in this game is the actual worst.

....gameplay still solid though.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

I've come around on the ending, just a little bit. It's still super dumb, and cringey, but I find myself wishing that, when they went for an ending where the prophesied end of the world actually comes around, they went all the way with it. We've seen nuclear bombs a million times in games. I wish they'd actually made it the apocalypse, with trumpets, horsemen, and the whole bit. If you're going for a "ha-ha-fuck you" ending, why not go all the way?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.