• 61 results
Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nictel

So we all never would play this stupid "game" right?

Right.

So since they seem to have opened the two GB accounts: Steve: http://t.co/VQgZNqN & Matt: http://on.fb.me/nZZ3Cj

Since I don't play it either, I won't totally be sending an invite.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

what?

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WEB_War4

Installed it. Researched it. A little strategy and I was planting cotton over the entire field my first day. At 53,000 … coins(?) now with no real money spent. Sent an invite because I want more 'neighbors' to get the biggest land so I can get more points. POINTS!

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By KarlPilkington

of

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed

Its true that Farmville is utter crap, and i would never spend 1 second in it. But its still a game, and an successful one too, so if people want to spend their time playing it or even weirder spend their time watching people play it, all the power to them. Luckily for me i can just ignore it.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

I started playing it yesterday. It's not something I'm going to stick with past Betting the Farmville, but I can see the appeal of the game and why it is so popular. 

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell

@Nictel said:

Right.

So since they seem to have opened the two GB accounts: Steve: http://t.co/VQgZNqN & Matt: http://on.fb.me/nZZ3Cj

What the hell is this post? You started a sentence like 3 times, then just trailed off on all of em. I can't even tell what you're tryina say.

"Farmville sucks. Here's a plug to the two guys. I hate Farmville." ?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By SMTDante89

Ok.

Also, what is a "real" gamer anyway?  If they're playing a game and enjoying it, they don't need some crap label saying they're a "real" or "fake" gamer, just let people enjoy their game.  And you can block the invites/game if a friend or family member keeps sending you invites to games anyway.  It only takes a few seconds out of your day and that's it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Yo dude bro im a real gamer!

If you are really getting pissed off because they are playing a game you don't like you got some serious issues. Don't like it? Don't watch it, it's as simple as that.

Edit: just in case you didn't get the sarcasm, I hate the word gamer and "real gamer" even more.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grissefar

You know, as Ryan said, it is the replacement for soap operas, so of course it is going to be stupid, with a huge carrot dangeling in front of people's heads all the time, never to be caught. Seen as an outsider it's the most boring thing in the world since all you do is click and click some more but that's probably what the housewives are looking for.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

I hope I never become a real gamer. Every time I hear someone address themselves as such they're usually in the middle of making themselves look like an ass.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Kyle

@Brendan said:

I hope I never become a real gamer. Every time I hear someone address themselves as such they're usually in the middle of making themselves look like an ass.

Yeah, from what I can tell there's almost no games that real gamers get to play.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vodun
@Grissefar

You know, as Ryan said, it is the replacement for soap operas, so of course it is going to be stupid, with a huge carrot dangeling in front of people's heads all the time, never to be caught. Seen as an outsider it's the most boring thing in the world since all you do is click and click some more but that's probably what the housewives are looking for.

As opposed to the vastly more complex FPS shooter mechanic of "use gun on man"? Every game can to some degree be summed up as clicking a bunch of buttons.
TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
@Nictel said:

Right.

Duder, what did you just say? You've started sentences but not ended them, you've just trailed off to no where and the last sentence is a bit obvious. How do you send an invite if you don't play? Herp derp derp. 
And, last time I checked the definition of game was something that was either competitive , played according to rules and/or decided by strength, skill, luck or another factor. And I'm sure Farmville fills out these requirements as you compete against others for bigger farms, you require the skill of micro-managing well 
Also, you can't swear in a thread title and it should be 'off' instead of 'of'. 
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grissefar

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar

As opposed to the vastly more complex FPS shooter mechanic of "use gun on man"? Every game can to some degree be summed up as clicking a bunch of buttons.

Sorry there, Farmville Lover, I didn't mean to step on your toes.

aButton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aButton

No one cares.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Vorbis

I don't see how it's pissing anyone off, if anything it's mocking the game.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By tebbit

@Chabbs0 said:

of

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@Nictel: If "real gamers" are getting pissed off at something as stupid as 2 interns playing Farmville for a sudo-endurance run then you people have bigger problems. If you don't like it stop watching and let everyone else enjoy Giantbomb's stupid antics.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By alistercat

It's really bad, I kind of want to play. Resource management scratches an itch that I don't get from the games I buy... I want to stay away though.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@AlisterCat: I felt the same way yesterday. I started playing it and will probably stop once this is all over. That doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. Although I run the risk of getting addicted to it....oh shit.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By alistercat

@Oscar__Explosion: Is there a way to block all social elements? I dont want to spam up any of my friends at all. I think it would be fun to play along... maybe.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laserbolts

I don't see what's wrong with farmville. It is annoying when my grandmother spans the shit out of my Facebook but I love her so it's all good.

Madz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Madz
@I_smell@TEHMAXXORZ: Are you guys serious?
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@AlisterCat: I can't find any menu options or anything like that, but when presented with the choice I just don't share stuff with anyone. So far that's been working.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SpacePenguin

Wait, I thought he was being sacrastic. Why are people getting so angry?

KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KarmaPoliceman
@SpacePenguin: Because they are stupid.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By grilledcheez

I played it back in the day, now I'm back to it to help Steve destroy Kessler.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By grilledcheez

@laserbolts: lol, you can always block farmville notifications.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nictel

Oh man. This thread totally did not go the way I wanted it to go...

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

@Chabbs0 said:

of

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By babblinmule
@Nictel said:

Oh man. This thread totally did not go the way I wanted it to go...

Just proof read your opening post in future haha ;)
jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By jorbear

I feel uncomfortable.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

To be honest, i don't see why it's that bad. It's not unlike any other flash game. I think a lot of hate this game is getting is because of Zynga/Facebook, but hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it truly is the most awful game in existence.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vodun

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar

No worries jerkwad, I've never even played the game but I just like pointing out douches being douches.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grissefar

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar

No worries jerkwad, I've never even played the game but I just like pointing out douches being douches.

C'mon, behave some. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to be a dickhead at every opportunity.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vodun

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar

C'mon, behave some. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to be a dickhead at every opportunity.

Says the man who rags on a game he's never played.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Grissefar

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar

Says the man who rags on a game he's never played.

C'mon relax a bit. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to pick a fight with everybody.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By Dalai

This keeps the interns off the streets so I'm all for this... even if I have zero interest in Farmville or Steve and Matt's exploits.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By benpicko

Did you mean off?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vodun

@Grissefar said:

C'mon relax a bit. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to pick a fight with everybody.

I'm not, just with you.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By laserbolts
@GrilledCheez01 Really? Hmm I may just do that then as long as it doesn't straight up block my grandmother.
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44  Edited By Castiel

@Nictel: End your fucking sentences and have a goddamn point to begin with. If you don't it's just fucking impossible to under-fucking-stand what the fuck you are trying to fucking say!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grissefar

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

I'm not, just with you.

Whew, that's a relief. I don't want to wish for anybody to have a fight with you because you're annoying as hell. I just hope you take a chill pill the best time you are about to attack somebody.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By grilledcheez

@laserbolts: Yeah, I think you just have to block the application. I'm not sure if there's another way, but that'll definitely do the trick!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By MetalGearSunny

You people have problems.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vodun
@Grissefar

@Vodun said:

@Grissefar said:

I'm not, just with you.

Whew, that's a relief. I don't want to wish for anybody to have a fight with you because you're annoying as hell. I just hope you take a chill pill the best time you are about to attack somebody.

And I hope you actually play the next game you open your mouth/keyboard about.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By sweep  Moderator

...nobody is forcing you to watch it.

Also, how does one become a "real gamer"? I wish to know, so that I might never become one myself.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By trace

@Grissefar: @Vodun: Please knock it off, both of you. There's no need for this petty bickering to continue any further.

Anyways, as for Farmville, I'm almost tempted to nuke my Facebook account by playing it and sharing EVERYTHING to my wall or whatever, but that would entail actually putting time into a Zynga game. I'm pretty sure that in itself is not a great idea.

Still tempting, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.