Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fast & Furious: Showdown

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 15, 2013

Firebrand and Activision's new racer based on the crazy (and) successful movie franchise, bringing storylines from earlier movies together to lead up to Fast 6.

Quicklook?

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

The staff keeps saying that there are no games to show or play yet there are plenty games like this one that they haven't done a video for. QL this?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Winternet

That game doesn't come out until next week.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TyrellOCP

This is the kind of game that isn't sent out to reviewers, but you can be sure that the guy's will buy it for a QL/Unprofessional Friday.

johnsublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By johnsublime

What? Races in the Fast & Furious franchise? That makes no sense

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it happens, I hope it's a Jeff/Ryan QL, since they actually like the movies.

Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want a quicklook?

This game has fucking EMP rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9x40VS5AT4

Proof is in the pudding.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1 said:

@codebreaker62: Weren't there totally EMP guns in 2 Fast 2 Furious?

I never saw any of the movies - i guess I need to now. It just struck me as absurd along with the racist humor and ultraviolence.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They need to wait for Jeff to come back anyway. Only Jeff and Ryan could do this game justice.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So, does anyone know specifically when in the crazy timeline this game takes place? The game wiki says theres no Toretto (Vin Diesel) or O'Conner (Paul Walker). but what about Han?!

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kmg90
    Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rotnac said:

So, does anyone know specifically when in the crazy timeline this game takes place? The game wiki says theres no Toretto (Vin Diesel) or O'Conner (Paul Walker). but what about Han?!

After some research it bounces around between events of each movie - kind of like a greatest hits. With laser rifles.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

...is it just me or are the visuals complete garbage?

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By altairre

@ottoman673 said:

...is it just me or are the visuals complete garbage?

Apparently it's not just the visuals.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmg90: Calling it, EMP harpoons are way cooler than EMP laser guns, especially when shot by James Remar.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@rotnac said:

After some research it bounces around between events of each movie - kind of like a greatest hits. With laser rifles.

Yeah, reading the back of the box today, it says it spans the timeline of the entire series. Says it has "30 Missions and 24 Side Challenges", so I guess it could be a pretty lengthy game.

I'm really, really hoping for a Jeff/Ryan combo QL for this though. This game was practically MADE to be quick-looked on this site.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onekillwonder_: Most definitely. At the very least a small exposure of the game on Unprofessional Fridays or something would be great too if no proper Jeff/Ryan QL.

NeilRapalee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rotnac:

Having actually played this amazing product, everyone appears to be in the game. You play as Han in Chapter 4 where he oddly drives a Challenger and is paired up with Tego (one of the Spanish dudes from Fast and Furious 4 and Fast Five).

The "story" is basically flashbacks of the franchise narrated by the Gina Carano and Eva Mendes characters from the films but definitely not voiced by them. They kind of look like the movie characters though obviously there is no license for said actors.

Anyway the game is terrible but in a really funny way. The first chapter has you driving the flipper cars from Fast and Furious 6 and after I realized you could hit the A button to flip pedestrian vehicles into the sky it got a lot better. The game has no physics engine (or one that is just bad) and I was able to launch vehicles off of the skybox. It was really entertaining.

The "stunt position" of this game made me hit pause and borderline pass out from the lack of oxygen. Your dude rides on top of the car while it is magically pulled alongside an armored car (or tractor trailer). Then you Assassin's Creed style climb on the sides but the animations are so stiff it is just great. You also get a harpoon gun and the aforementioned laser rifle.

I take it back, this game is awesome.

As a note: no one should buy this game but everyone should play it.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rotnac:

Having actually played this amazing product, everyone appears to be in the game. You play as Han in Chapter 4 where he oddly drives a Challenger and is paired up with Tego (one of the Spanish dudes from Fast and Furious 4 and Fast Five).

The "story" is basically flashbacks of the franchise narrated by the Gina Carano and Eva Mendes characters from the films but definitely not voiced by them. They kind of look like the movie characters though obviously there is no license for said actors.

Anyway the game is terrible but in a really funny way. The first chapter has you driving the flipper cars from Fast and Furious 6 and after I realized you could hit the A button to flip pedestrian vehicles into the sky it got a lot better. The game has no physics engine (or one that is just bad) and I was able to launch vehicles off of the skybox. It was really entertaining.

The "stunt position" of this game made me hit pause and borderline pass out from the lack of oxygen. Your dude rides on top of the car while it is magically pulled alongside an armored car (or tractor trailer). Then you Assassin's Creed style climb on the sides but the animations are so stiff it is just great. You also get a harpoon gun and the aforementioned laser rifle.

That's incredible! Thanks for the update. I might have to consider checking this out first-hand now.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want a quicklook?

This game has fucking EMP rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9x40VS5AT4

Proof is in the pudding.

NFS Underground's graphics for the PS2 looks better than that crap.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the process of playing through the game locally with my brother(hope to finish it tonight), and it's enjoyable in a dumb way. Feels like an arcadey PS2 game, but in a kind of endearing way. And once I finish, I'll lay the timeline out of the missions and where they take place for those interested. There are some surprisingly deep cuts when it comes to references from the movies.

Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@codebreaker62: Racist humour?

in the video i posted the first line is "course we got the black guy driving the stolen cop car"

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rotnac:

Wait, the fast game is amazing for the same reason the fast movies are amazing? YES YES YES

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.