Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FAST Racing Neo

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 10, 2015

A sequel to futuristic WiiWare racer FAST Racing League.

Like futuristic hover-car racing? Check out FAST Racing Neo

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I was really surprised when i watched the FAST Racing Neo segment on the Treehouse stream. I knew the guys behind Nano Assault Neo were coming out with it but i didn't know any of the actual details behind it.

After watching the video above i'm pretty much sold on the game. The combination of speed and color switching looks challenging and really engaging. The races themselves look short too so you'll be moving really quickly from one to the next.

It's also cool seeing they'll be supporting split screen racing, i don't think they've said whether performance will take a hit like MK8 does.

Did this pique anyone else's interest?

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ToxicAntidote

This just make me wish for another F-Zero on the Wii U instead.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'm going to check this out, but...

@mythdark said:

This just make me wish for another F-Zero on the Wii U instead.

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played the original game on the Wii.

If this is anything like that, it'll probably be thin on content, but fun while it lasts.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

Man I just want a new wipeout game lol this looks great

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You should have just titled this thread: New F-Zero game coming out real soon!
    It's basically F-Zero without Captain Falcon.

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jpon87

Can't wait for the reviews. If it's decent will definitely pick it up to make up for the lack of F-Zero!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I saw this a couple weeks ago, been looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It would be nice if there was a quick look or something.

I know this is reminiscent of F-Zero but I've been looking for my Wipeout-fix and I'd like to know if it fits that as well (as F-Zero and Wipeout are quite similar).

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@damodar: I have not, but I checked it out. It looks nice, but they really need to widen the tracks a bit. As it is, its way too narrow. Redout seems to have this down pretty good, and ill be trying out the demo for SlipStream, which looks alright. Thanks for re-igniting my interest.

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This needs a Quick Look. It deserves a Quick Look.

AsKo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it, and WOW! I'm seriously impressed with this game. I played through the first 3 cups on the Novice difficulty, and I was giggling like a schoolgirl the whole time at how fun it is. The colour-shifting trope works really well in this game, adds a lot of strategy. You can also takedown other racers, Burnout-style, by boosting into them. The final cup is a bit too tough for me right now, the first track goes full F-Zero with broken floating pieces of track that you have to almost FLY your ship toward in the air just to land. One issue I had with the game when I saw the first footage was that the tracks would be too simple, but that is definitely not the case, the courses are crazy and I cannot imagine how hard it is on the faster difficulties.

A lot of reviews have complained about the AI, but I actually love it. They are fully competitive, you can't just hold the lead like in Mario Kart, you have to fight for it for the entire race. There's more than enough boost on the track to catch up if you fall behind too, provided you are also driving well.

$20 is asking a lot considering there really isn't much content outside of a few unlockable vehicles and the racing, but the gameplay is stellar, and probably the closest thing to F-Zero that any of us will get for a while. I went back and played the Joker cup in F-Zero X after putting down NEO, and it warmed my heart to know that Shin'en did such a great job replicating that gameplay while adding their own spin to it.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LeStephan

This game looks AMAZING for slightly more than 500mb of data.

Second speed you unlock is already pretty ridiculous , I got in 1st on all cups pretty easily on the first speed but I cant get more than 4th place on the second. It sure goes FAST. (not a bad thing+pun intented)

This game thankfully has waaaaaay better physics than the first game on the wii. And I've also always hated how the Wipeout games felt too but this game feels fuckin great, not quite like the 3d f-zeros, but sill really good imo.

cmeimhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else been running into some real bad crashes online? The online play is smooth but my game just completely locks up sometimes and I have to force the system to shut off

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Finally started this game today after finishing Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's pretty rad. I bet Hero Mode is gonna be super hard.

BizarroBike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmeimhere: Ditto. Online is pretty much non-functional for me. Which sucks because this game is pretty enjoyable otherwise.

Audiochild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bizarrobike: Hi, has anyone discovered an update to take care of this problem? I can't get through a single online race without a kernel lock up. As you said, this makes the game totally unplayable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.