Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

Christ you guys. Please get Mics.

JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JasonBlood

This game is fun. But could be so much more fun if I had people to talk to! This is my only gripe with the PSN compared to XBL, no one talks.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Here come the flood of people going "why would u want ne1 2 tolk yo evrbody on xbx live is retarded 13teen yr olds screeming swares psn is best no mics."

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

why would u want ne1 2 tolk yo evrbody on xbx live is retarded 13teen yr olds screeming swares psn is best no mics.

MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Just bought a PS3 official bluetooth headset today :)

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CowMuffins

I have one...it used to work. Maybe I gotta edit the shtuff on the main PS3 screen. I wish it had keyboard support, I have one of those.

JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JasonBlood
    @Jayge said:
    " Here come the flood of people going "why would u want ne1 2 tolk yo evrbody on xbx live is retarded 13teen yr olds screeming swares psn is best no mics." "
    Haha yeah. Although I don't see that happening on PSN, Bluetooth headsets tend to be a bit pricier than the Xbox headset. Fat Princess is near impossible to incorporate team work, especially since players without headsets are unable to hear you.

@MatthewMeadows said:
    " Just bought a PS3 official bluetooth headset today :) "

Right on! Maybe I'll see you online
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By guiseppe

PSN is fine, just have the same issue as you do with it. It's almost always completely silent. Then again I haven't played an online game on it for a long time with the exception of UFC undisputed. In which cas the only response I got was from people losing to me, saying that I suck, cheat, I am an idiot and so forth :P.

JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JasonBlood
    @CowMuffins: You're able to use a keyboard in game? I had no clue
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CowMuffins
    @JasonBlood said:
    " @CowMuffins: You're able to use a keyboard in game? I had no clue "
    Uh, I actually said "I wish it had keyboard support".
    JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JasonBlood
    @CowMuffins: And so my failure to read posts correctly begins.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Manatassi

You know I really don't get where people are coming up with all these annoying 13 year olds on xbox live? I see them once every couple of days and just mute them immediately. I consistently get abuse from every person I come across on PSN who has a headset, either that or them trying to play me music down the headset, Admittedly this happens rarely but thats pretty much how often I actually find people with headsets on PSN.

I have met quite a few really nice people on XBL, PSN still feels like the old days of the big black XBOX when It comes to online voice chat. If more people could just try getting on PSN with voice and being civil to each other and ignoring the morons perhaps that would help things? Btw how do I quickly mute people on PSN I cant seem to work it out?

JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JasonBlood
    @Manatassi: Each games different. With Fat Princess you press start and hover over their name and press square.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Fbomb

Fat Princess is out? I'll have to download and mic up when I get back from my Vacation in a week and a half--not enough time for a vacation, really. And there's teamwork involved? I assumed it was 1v1. If there's teams, I'm definitely in. Why not start a GiantBomb list of headset players. In fact, why don't we have that sort of thing with any games on this site? Sign in here, then add when you play certain games online. Have the option to make it public, or just within your own group of friends on the site, and people can look up when they can catch people to chat/play against online. Have a checkbox for (Have a headset?). This is supposed to be a community--that would be a great community feature.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CactusWolf

I've still yet to get Fat Princess.

I should go dig up my mic.

JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JasonBlood
    @Fbomb: That would be an awesome idea and I think it should definitely be implemented. C'mon Giant Bomb you can do this! You're probably one of the few Video Game related websites with a good community.

And the team work question is a yes. It plays very much like Team Fortress. I don't know how many times I've played a round without a single player using a Priest to heal us, and unfortunately because no one has mics I can't ask for someone to use the Priest.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Fbomb
    @JasonBlood: Sounds fun! I'll pick up the game and a headset next weekend, and work on some priest skills. :P
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yakov456
    @JasonBlood said:
    " This game is fun. But could be so much more fun if I had people to talk to! This is my only gripe with the PSN compared to XBL, no one talks. "
    One man's gripe is another mans savior. Thank Christ I can play online without hearing multiple assholes in my ear.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
    @yakov456 said:
    " @JasonBlood said:
    " This game is fun. But could be so much more fun if I had people to talk to! This is my only gripe with the PSN compared to XBL, no one talks. "
    One man's gripe is another mans savior. Thank Christ I can play online without hearing multiple assholes in my ear. "
    Whoop, there it is!
    JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JasonBlood
    @yakov456: Do you really think it's as big of an issue as you make it? I've played with a few Mic users and they're all friendly people. Plus it makes the games more interesting when you can tell your teammates where the princess is on the fly without having to open up your map mid game.
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yakov456

I really do. I'm all about team work if playing with nice people, but in MY encounters thats is almost never the case. 

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AsianSwagger

I have the official PS3 Bluetooth headset but I can't for the life of me figure out what part goes in my ear and what part I'm supposed to talk into. Anyone wanna help me on this dilemma?

ladnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By ladnar

I've got one and playing a ton, seems like the only talking I hear is after the batle from the other team... trying to tell people on my team information but no way of knowing if they are even hearing me

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Jayge said:
    " Here come the flood of people going "why would u want ne1 2 tolk yo evrbody on xbx live is retarded 13teen yr olds screeming swares psn is best no mics." "
    isn't this a psn exclusive?
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By artofwar420

Actually, I would change the title to "Christ you guys. Please USE the Mics". I'd say most people have them, like I hear some of the say hi and then nothing else.

leumas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By leumas

This game is amazingly fun and I've already met a few people to play along with.  If anyone wants to get creative strategies going, I'm always game.  I personally love the fire and ice mage combo.  The two alone can do some serious offensive damage; feeze'em in place and BAM, fire them down.  If you want the most points, ice mage is the way to go but I feel the bomber and warrior are the two most challenging classes. 

I am loving this game! 

Add me: leumas

TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TyphoonSwell

I don't care to talk. I like to listen to music whilst playing.

Besides, this is hardly a game that requires complex strategic planning.  

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayge_
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Jayge said:
    isn't this a psn exclusive?
    "
    The point is that whenever anyone complains about a lack of mics on the PSN, some mouth-breathing fanboy always runs in and complains about random swearing children and shit, trashes xbox live, and then says that they hope that mics on the PSN die out forever or someshit.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Vorbis

Had one game where pretty much the whole team had mics and it was so much fun. Its not like your average game, you need to communicate tactics or the game will just become a deadlock zerg in the middle.

We had people assigned to resource collecting, some to defending the resources, some to defending the base and the rest meeting up above their castle, 2 healers, 2 warriors and some mages. Every game was over in minutes, best fun ive had on PSN for a long time.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By angelkanarias

Yep, that is sometimes quite annoying, and usually if someone has a mic, he is a freaking 12 year old and/or his mic is a crap.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By angelkanarias
    @artofwar420 said:
    " Actually, I would change the title to "Christ you guys. Please USE the Mics". I'd say most people have them, like I hear some of the say hi and then nothing else. "
    that is also true.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By CenturionCajun

Just as the PS3 has done wonders for Blu Ray by having it built in the packaged in headset has done wonders for Xbox Live by being there from the start. For Live players it's simply a matter of plugging the thing in whereas PSN players have to actively go out and spend another $20-$50 on one. Sure, your more dedicated types are going to do so no question but a good number arn't. Either through indifference or lack of expendable income. It's incredibly frustrating when you're attempting to formulate a plan with three or four people on your team only to have the rest be running around like idiots because they can't hear a word you're saying.

EDIT: Me no spell good.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

TC we just have to deal with it its the nature of PSN by making headsets not standard people aren't going to buy them.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scullinator
    @Arkthemaniac said:
    "why would u want ne1 2 tolk yo evrbody on xbx live is retarded 13teen yr olds screeming swares psn is best no mics. " 

spoken like a true fanboy.  I blame Sony for not packing a BT headset with every controller.  A game like this really needs communication.
    SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SUBL1ME

The headset is a blessing and a curse, more often a curse. Sure it is extremely helpful if everyone has mics and is goal oriented enough  to communicate effectively but that is not typically the case. PlayStation Network only users who wish people would use the mics overestimate how effective they actually are. On Xbox Live most people who use mics are not the whiney prepubescent 11 year olds screaming, this is an over-exaggerated myth. 

Most people might say three words the entire match, some have it on and spend more time speaking with people they are in the room with than people in the game, and some only pipe up when its time to bitch out their teammates. The people who actually use the mic effectively on XBL are almost always in private chat so they're contribution if your not in their party is absolutely zilch. Unless I play with friends I don't use the mic at all anymore because its a waste, and it is kind of a relief that PSN for good or ill does not share the communication problems that XBL does by simply having no one communicate.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CSXLoser

95% of the time i hear mics on a PS3 game, i hear a mom/wife yelling at the dad/son who is playing along with a crying baby/child.  ALL OF THIS IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!!

Therefore , Mics are a curse

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Fbomb said:
    "Why not start a GiantBomb list of headset players. In fact, why don't we have that sort of thing with any games on this site? Sign in here, then add when you play certain games online. Have the option to make it public, or just within your own group of friends on the site, and people can look up when they can catch people to chat/play against online. Have a checkbox for (Have a headset?). This is supposed to be a community--that would be a great community feature. "
    I do believe that was a great idea ladies and gentlemen.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By sjschmidt93

I don't talk because... 

Oh my God! Nobody else does!  

I have a mic. Do I use it on my PS3? Uhh... no. Because nobody else has 'em. Maybe once in a while in CoD but that's it, really.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think its bullshit.  

whenever i am on psn, i get just as many people talkin as on a game on xbl.  
    like cod4 for instance.  played on both, about %60 of the players use a mic on both. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.