Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

My ONE big gripe with Fat Princess.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420
    MUZZLE FLASH! WHERE!?
    MUZZLE FLASH! WHERE!?
    I'm a pretty visual person, and I LOVE the art style, I love the gore, the menus are funny. It's a great package. The game is fun to boot.

Here's my gripe, the Ranger, when he gets his gun upgrade, the shooting... it's lacking the muzzle flash. I know, I know, it might seem like the most asinine thing to complain about, but here's why I think it's important. When shooting the gun, it's pretty damn hard to see where your bullets go, it's as if they're shooting a few feet from where you actually are. It looks pretty weird.

Now, I thought that the developers might have gotten lazy or something, but NO, they DID INCLUDE A MUZZLE FLASH, just play the Ranger Gladiator portion of the game and sure enough you'll see it's muzzle flash. From what I've tested it's only in multiplayer games that it's missing.

I ask WHY?! And, is it only happening in my game?
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420
    MUZZLE FLASH! WHERE!?
    MUZZLE FLASH! WHERE!?
    I'm a pretty visual person, and I LOVE the art style, I love the gore, the menus are funny. It's a great package. The game is fun to boot.

Here's my gripe, the Ranger, when he gets his gun upgrade, the shooting... it's lacking the muzzle flash. I know, I know, it might seem like the most asinine thing to complain about, but here's why I think it's important. When shooting the gun, it's pretty damn hard to see where your bullets go, it's as if they're shooting a few feet from where you actually are. It looks pretty weird.

Now, I thought that the developers might have gotten lazy or something, but NO, they DID INCLUDE A MUZZLE FLASH, just play the Ranger Gladiator portion of the game and sure enough you'll see it's muzzle flash. From what I've tested it's only in multiplayer games that it's missing.

I ask WHY?! And, is it only happening in my game?
    Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mattzz10

I agree with you. It is hard just to see when/if you are shooting.

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

its very difficult to judge range... I usually don't use the class tho

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

It's to be used like a shotgun, so you're not really supposed to care where the shot goes, as long as you fire it point-blank at someone it will do maximum damage.  If you want to be more accurate use the bow.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420

Well, I don't dispute the use of the Ranger, but only the visual appearance of it's weapon when firing.

Regarding the use, I usually lock-on, so being accurate is not that big of a problem, and yes it's more of a shotgun. It's just hard to tell when I'm actually shooting, that's what bothers me. I'm not alone am I?
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

I thought you "big" gripe would be that it's "fat" Princess, damn you.

However aren't the guns supposed to be super retro, with the gun powder at the bottom of the barrel and the pressure fires the bullet so there'd be no flash?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By artofwar420
    @Ineedaname: In the Gladiate mode, the gun has a cool flash when shooting. It just bugs me to no end that the ranger doesn't have it in the multiplayer matches.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

My big issue is the combat full-stop: I find that combat comes down to lock on and circling each other while hitting Square. Seems very hit or miss who actually gets the kill. Still, I can't think of a better way for them to tackle the mechanic.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

I'd probably put it down to lag myself.

I've had times when I've been playing as a ranger and been moving and shooting like mad, Only to find that every shot I take has no visuals at all, and doesn't connect (something that gets me killed a lot) and then they happen, anything up to about 5 seconds later, from were I was... simply unacceptable.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artofwar420

I'd like to report that the good people at Titan studios answered my e-mail and are looking into this.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

nice.  I was confused because I had seen the muzzle flash I think... but you're saying in multiplayer it doesn't show up or something?  I haven't really tried that so I wouldn't know. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By artofwar420
    @dcpc10: In their blog they said a patch is coming that will address these balance issues, also stalemates and such.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.