Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

Proposed Standard Tactics - sub-par communication

DrunkenRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DrunkenRobot
    I think we could all benefit from some standard practices due to the PS3's sub-par communication interface and what seems like less than 50% of players online having mics. 
    1st: Determine who will be the Cake Feeders - press start to check the roster, if you're one of the last 2 non-a.i. players then you take on the job of making sure the prisoner is full of cake and playing defense.

2nd: Determine who will work on upgrades and repairs - check the roster and whoever are the next 2 non-a.i. players, you take on the job of repairs and upgrades as well as defense when called for. 

3rd: Everybody else on offense - anyone else left goes on the offensive. Hell, maybe even make offensive strikes with more people than just yourself (thank God there aren't any boats or tanks to take off in.)

I understand that the roster changes throughout the game based on points earned. So when I say check the roster to determine your role, just go with it from the beginning of the game. 

Of course all this would only work with more than 2 non-a.i. players in a game which seems like a hell of a feat right now as far as the online portion goes. 

I have found communication to be terrible on the PS3, but I've only played a few online games using the PS3 service. I know that part of this is due to the lack of players with mics, but even my mic doesn't seem to work sometimes. 
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By super_machine

Yeah lack of mics sucks. Sony should have made it a plug and play system like MS did. But oh well. Half the time my BT headset is dead because the battery is so small it loses charge. If only I could use a head set that I could just plug into my controller without the need to go through the device menu to connect it. sigh.

Choobies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Choobies

Use a USB headset.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter

Just get the XBOX 360 version and all your problems will be sol...oh wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.