Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

Fatal Frame Question: How is Project Zero 2 (The Wii Remake) compared to the original? Also, how is FF4, the Suda game.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I played through Fatal Frame 1 not too long ago and I was looking at what I might play next in the series. I thought FF2 was the obvious answer but Project Zero 2 Wii and Fatal Frame 4 intrigues me a lot. Project Zero 2 because it's a remake of FF2 with better graphics. FF4 because I quite like Suda51.

Fans seem to be split on which is better: the original FF2 or the remake. And unfortunately, ppl don't seem to be that high on FF4.

Anyway, have any of you played either of these games? Was wondering what you thought of them.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

I haven't played the Wii games but I did try the Wii U one, Maiden of Black Water, which uses the same RE4-style camera as the ones for the Wii. It's not very scary and just a boring game in general, and I say that as someone who loves the original three, II in particular (which is a big step up from the first game). While I haven't tried the remake I highly doubt that it's anywhere near as effective with the changed camera, and regardless of its quality I absolutely think the game deserves to be experienced in its PS2/Xbox version first.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@icemael: Definitely going to play FF2 at some point but I wish I had went straight to it. FF1 was ok and shows off the potential of the series but it also kinda dampened my enthusiasm of FF.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.