Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R 2 Demo

Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Megakrang

I just played the demo on PC. Impressions? Mmmmmmokay. Lots of cheap scares, a few of which actually got to me, but once I "broke" one of the scares by accidentally standing where Alma ( the scary Japanese horror movie-esque little girl of the game ) was supposed to appear, causing her to clip right through me and spin around wildy beneath me, she kind of lost her power to scare.

The gunplay is as fun as ever, and basically hasn't changed at all from the first game. The enemy A.I seems pretty smart also, but during the short run of the demo they don't really have much of an opportunity to impress. One of the new additions to the game is the ability to push over objects to create cover for you to duck behind, but I must admit I didn't actually use it at all during combat.

The demo ends with a very fun sequence where you hop into some power armour and literally explode enemies with your huge guns and missiles. I get the feeling the demo was created specially and isn't representative of the actual flow of the game, because it would be strange to reward players that early with such a huge weapon. Monolith also did the same thing with the demo for the first F.E.A.R, basically giving you a sampling of various sections of the game all tied together specifically for the demo.

Overall, the demo is not too bad and definitely worth a quick playthrough. I'll be buying the game when it's released, as the orignal game is one of my favourite FPS's ( despite it's repetitive middle section ).

Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Megakrang

I just played the demo on PC. Impressions? Mmmmmmokay. Lots of cheap scares, a few of which actually got to me, but once I "broke" one of the scares by accidentally standing where Alma ( the scary Japanese horror movie-esque little girl of the game ) was supposed to appear, causing her to clip right through me and spin around wildy beneath me, she kind of lost her power to scare.

The gunplay is as fun as ever, and basically hasn't changed at all from the first game. The enemy A.I seems pretty smart also, but during the short run of the demo they don't really have much of an opportunity to impress. One of the new additions to the game is the ability to push over objects to create cover for you to duck behind, but I must admit I didn't actually use it at all during combat.

The demo ends with a very fun sequence where you hop into some power armour and literally explode enemies with your huge guns and missiles. I get the feeling the demo was created specially and isn't representative of the actual flow of the game, because it would be strange to reward players that early with such a huge weapon. Monolith also did the same thing with the demo for the first F.E.A.R, basically giving you a sampling of various sections of the game all tied together specifically for the demo.

Overall, the demo is not too bad and definitely worth a quick playthrough. I'll be buying the game when it's released, as the orignal game is one of my favourite FPS's ( despite it's repetitive middle section ).

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    I enjoyed the demo. However Killzone 2 is just around the corner so i may hold off on this one.
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By sarahsdad
    I was in the midst of fending off a flu the last couple days, so I was less observant than normal, but is there no way to get an area map in the game?
    Megakrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Megakrang

I didn't notice any way to get a map. I don't think it's really necessary, the game seems very linear and during the demo you were basically funneled forward.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.