Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. 2 Getting Reborn With New DLC Sept. 3

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    Warner Bros. brings word today that a new DLC pack is coming to Monolith's spooky shooter F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin in early September. Unlike the previous two add-ons, this one will focus on single-player missions that "coincide with the events" in the core game, though there's also a small update to multiplayer included that sounds like it'll go out to everyone still playing F.E.A.R. 2. Here's the skinny on the add-on, straight from the press release, along with a handful of assets and a trailer.   

• Four All New Levels: Face the chaos of Alma’s aftermath from an entirely new point of view: that of Replica Soldier Foxtrot813. As gamers begin the mission as part of an orbital Powered Armor drop to reinforce their squad, the ruined city of Auburn emanates supernatural events and familiar voices, beckoning Foxtrot813 to go against orders from Replica command. Be careful, not everything is as it seems…
    • Slow-Mo Deathmatch:  Through a free title update, gamers obtain a slow-mo powerup to slow down enemies in multiplayer deathmatch, thus gaining a distinct short-term advantage. The longer players hold onto the slow-mo powerup, the more objective points are accumulated, contributing to the overall score. Watch out though, whoever has slow-mo ability becomes a bigger target to everyone else!

The pack hits on Sept. 3 on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, though no price is currently listed. Anyone still playing F.E.A.R. 2 out there and excited about this add-on? I never got around to playing the game myself, but it's always nice to see developers extending a game experience with something besides more multiplayer maps.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    Warner Bros. brings word today that a new DLC pack is coming to Monolith's spooky shooter F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin in early September. Unlike the previous two add-ons, this one will focus on single-player missions that "coincide with the events" in the core game, though there's also a small update to multiplayer included that sounds like it'll go out to everyone still playing F.E.A.R. 2. Here's the skinny on the add-on, straight from the press release, along with a handful of assets and a trailer.   

• Four All New Levels: Face the chaos of Alma’s aftermath from an entirely new point of view: that of Replica Soldier Foxtrot813. As gamers begin the mission as part of an orbital Powered Armor drop to reinforce their squad, the ruined city of Auburn emanates supernatural events and familiar voices, beckoning Foxtrot813 to go against orders from Replica command. Be careful, not everything is as it seems…
    • Slow-Mo Deathmatch:  Through a free title update, gamers obtain a slow-mo powerup to slow down enemies in multiplayer deathmatch, thus gaining a distinct short-term advantage. The longer players hold onto the slow-mo powerup, the more objective points are accumulated, contributing to the overall score. Watch out though, whoever has slow-mo ability becomes a bigger target to everyone else!

The pack hits on Sept. 3 on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, though no price is currently listed. Anyone still playing F.E.A.R. 2 out there and excited about this add-on? I never got around to playing the game myself, but it's always nice to see developers extending a game experience with something besides more multiplayer maps.
    Riotisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Riotisonfire

I was relived to finish Fear 2. unless this add on features no enemies. cause thats when fear 2 stop being fun is as soon as an enemie would appear. so most lickley not gonna pick this up,  but you never know.

mmmskyscraper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mmmskyscraper

Loved the original FEAR but the demo of the sequel was disappointing. I'll pick it up when it's sub £10.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Cerza

F.E.A.R. 1 was great. F.E.A.R. 2 was not so great. In fact I found it to be down right disappointing. If the single player involves Point Man in some way I may consider it, because I would love to know what comes next in his story since the expansions to the original F.E.A.R. aren't cannon.  However, if it's just about this other new clone soldier guy, I think I'll pass.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout

Well...no doubt FEAR 2 is entirely different from FEAR 1, but i still liked it. Not sure if im entirely interested in new missions...now

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By buzz_killington

I'm picking up the game next week, and I'm glad to see Monolith is doing the right thing and supporting the community with stuff like free DLC (the Toy Soldiers maps) and the game (with full-on DLC) months after it came out.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Pinkshley1

FEAR was the shit. FEAR 2 was shit.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aeterna

I really enjoyed Fear2 and can't wait for Fear3.

So, stoked about this. :)

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

People still play FEAR 2?

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Gav47

Picked this up on Saturday, haven't played it yet I've been to busy with Wii Sports Resort.

mr_woo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_woo

Can't wait for this.  FEAR 2 was an awesome game and sadly overlooked by most people, it's easily one of my favourite games this year and for my money noone does immserive, atmospheric FPS action better than Monolith.  It's a pity the AI was a bit dumbed down compared to the first game but it looks like something they are changing for this DLC which will be cool.  It's a better game than FEAR 1 in near enough every respect, due to the different locations and better paced combat and the mech sections are just damn fun, seeing all them soldiers go 'squelch' :P

Anyway, enough of my rambling!  Just looking forward to this greatly.  Also Monolith, Instant Action please!!!

MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MEBs

FEAR is my all time favorite FPS to play online. Too bad FEAR 2 didn't capture that fast, brutal action. Its empty servers attest to that.

-Evan

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By masternater27

FEAR was awesome.  2 (apparently like a lot of other people) I found to be disappointing.  I can't really figure out why, though I did find it way less scary, but for whatever reason I was just pushing myself to beat the game and was super relieved to finish it.

Avatar image for anthony_galindo
    Anthony_Galindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Anthony_Galindo

I really happy to see single player content being released for shooters. I wasn't the biggest fan of this FEAR 2's multiplayer, but I will definitely buy me some more campaign levels. What's up with this demo talk at the end of the trailer? Since when does DLC get demos?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

FEAR 2's multiplayer unfortunately wasn't that good, especially compared to the first game's. But the amazing, albeit super-easy single-player made the whole game worth owning, so this is good news for me.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

looks sharp

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#17  Edited By Lazyaza

Yay shitty dlc (that will probably be overpriced) for an immensely disappointing game. Fuck you monolith, fuck you to hell.
    Give me a real Fear sequel, with a less fruity color palette, guns that don't feel and sound weak as shit, a ui that isn't CLEARLY made for halo console tards, a story that doesn't suck ass and enemies that don't have bulletproof heads, god I hate that. Oh and the gore, wtf was up with that. I mean their's bloody and then their's just plain stupid, I felt like I was in an unfunny violent web cartoon.

Fear 2 was a pile of shit and I hope whoever made all the design changes between the original and it has several bricks thrown at his head the next time he gets an idea. 

Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Andborn

I have the first FEAR, now that was boring shit. Especially at the end with the retarded ghosts things. I will however buy F2 when it around the 20 dollar mark, cause the demo had potential.  I'm hoping it's an inversion of my experience with Condemned. LOVED the first one, and the second became a chore to play after the first few hours. And screaming to kill people? Come on.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I get to be an ODST? Wait what?

In all seriousness, I don't think I will be picking this up.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24

Ah, sweet. Is this game cheap yet? I would love to pick it up. ($40 on Amazon) Well, I will pick it up at around $30.

PuppyKisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PuppyKisses

I loved FEAR 2, but methinks this might be too late.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.