Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

FEAR 2 PC Demo is Out!

UpMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UpMax
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

Hellllllllll yes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nice, downloading now.

The game looks much improved graphically , and even creepier on the evidence of videos.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpecTackle

HOLY FUCKING AWESOME.

This game, this game is... it's fucking great. Judging from this demo, it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

Shit I forgot about this totally. I love you right now man!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

A fileplanet demo for regular account users and not subscribers? My god I think I'm genuinely shocked :O !

Probably download this later, can't say I'm totally pumped for the game but worth trying out a demo that didn't require me to pre-order, pay a subscription or in some way part with money!

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Damonation

I just finished the demo and I have to say, I am really impressed. I loved the first game and am totally looking forward to this one. Now that I've played it, I think this will have to be my February game purchase. Maybe the Killzone 2 demo will change my mind, but I always wanted this more than that.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Not going to play the demo, but definitely looking forward to getting the game this February (I don't really want to have to play through the first level twice). As long as the action is at least as good as it was in FEAR, I will be happy. There is something quite troubling though, I've heard that you can't lean. This bugged the crap out of me in FC2.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Wow, that was amazing. Blow away by the graphics on my less than "gaming pc" pc. The mech part seems kind of out of place, but still fun.  Being able to make cover is awesome, and the combat is awesome (just like the first game).

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Evilmetal

I thought the demo was weak. Basically you enter "fighting zones" and fight the soldiers and when you clear a "zone", the area between your current position and the next "fighting zone" is just monsters trying to scare you. It was stupid. There wasn't enough fighting with the soldiers. I didn't even get to use the 'make your own cover' feature because I just slow-mo and win..

it's kind of stupid... that girl... she tries to scare you and monsters and demons... it doesn't make sense. Kids are afraid of monsters. What are soldiers/military people afraid of? This is what that girl should use. Also scary shouldn't only mean things popping out of no-where and stuff like that, there could be more subtle ways.

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maru

I finally played the demo, and was bit dissapointed.

Lack of 16:10 support on PC, dumb A.I. (compare to original FEAR), no leaning, combat felt less tactical and easy (what's with glowing enemies ?????).

Let's hope some of the issue gets fixed by the time game gets released  (mainly 16:10 issue and glowing enemies), but I got the feeling it won't be good as many people expect.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Gunner
    Evilmetal said:
    "I thought the demo was weak. Basically you enter "fighting zones" and fight the soldiers and when you clear a "zone", the area between your current position and the next "fighting zone" is just monsters trying to scare you. It was stupid. There wasn't enough fighting with the soldiers. I didn't even get to use the 'make your own cover' feature because I just slow-mo and win..

it's kind of stupid... that girl... she tries to scare you and monsters and demons... it doesn't make sense. Kids are afraid of monsters. What are soldiers/military people afraid of? This is what that girl should use. Also scary shouldn't only mean things popping out of no-where and stuff like that, there could be more subtle ways.

"
    I dont think your character is supposed to be scared of them, just shocked.

The ghosts were taking solders and ripping them to pieces without any effort at all, then smearing their blood all over the walls... How the fuck would that not scare you if you were in that situation? Pretty weak reason to bash the game imo. Also all the little details put into the game like the crying woman that lures all the solders into a trap, and the little messages written on the walls, projectors still running etc. really drags you into the game, it fells lived in.

For a demo, its one of the best ive ever played, looking forward to the full game.
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maru
    Gunner said:
    "Evilmetal said:
    "I thought the demo was weak. Basically you enter "fighting zones" and fight the soldiers and when you clear a "zone", the area between your current position and the next "fighting zone" is just monsters trying to scare you. It was stupid. There wasn't enough fighting with the soldiers. I didn't even get to use the 'make your own cover' feature because I just slow-mo and win..

"
    I dont think your character is supposed to be scared of them, just shocked.

The ghosts were taking solders and ripping them to pieces without any effort at all, then smearing their blood all over the walls... How the fuck would that not scare you if you were in that situation? Pretty weak reason to bash the game imo. Also all the little details put into the game like the crying woman that lures all the solders into a trap, and the little messages written on the walls, projectors still running etc. really drags you into the game, it fells lived in.

For a demo, its one of the best ive ever played, looking forward to the full game."
    Yea.. I think it's too early to judge the scare factor based on a demo.. I'm sure pacing in the full game will be much better. 
    I still have high hopes for this game, and looking forward to play it on launch day.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Evilmetal

The sound effects of the guns and gun handling seemed much better than the first FEAR. I have only played the demo of the first FEAR. The FEAR2 demo needed more action and less "fear" because the fear seemed kinda dumb. After you fought soldiers you went into 'fear mode' where the girl tries to scare you and there are ghosts. After the ghosts you arrive at more soldiers... it was weird..

In Max Payne... remember when you walked on the blood lines? if you fell off the line you died. This was in his mind. In FEAR2 demo... it's like after you fight bad guys you go into that 'walking on blood lines' mode... you understand what I'm saying? Once in a while the scary aspect is okay... but all the time? I felt like it ruined the flow for me, I wanted more action but the game was giving me stupid ghosts... that's what I was thinking.

If you had to run the blood lines after each bad guy fight... Max Payne would suck. Here they try to give reason to it, but I don't like it. The action was good in FEAR2 ( minus the mech part and minus the silly sniper part).

Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Josef_Nastra

I thought this demo was actually quite good and the only dissapointment i got was when the demo ended. Although i didn't like the blue square in the interface. I hope you get to turn that off or something.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

What are the specs on this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.