Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. 2 Toy Soldier DLC Will Be Free After All

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    Following a bit of "confusion" earlier in the week, Warner Brothers Interactive and Monolith sent out a brief note today indicating the Toy Soldier map pack for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin will in fact be free when it hits PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace next month. I'm a little surprised by the Xbox freebie in particular, since some companies have made no secret of Microsoft's aversion to free content going out through Marketplace in the past. But hey, nice gesture on Warner's part, regardless.

More than anything, I'm just glad Monolith is preserving the hallowed tradition of first-person shooter maps that look like some kid's bedroom. Levelord would be proud.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    Following a bit of "confusion" earlier in the week, Warner Brothers Interactive and Monolith sent out a brief note today indicating the Toy Soldier map pack for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin will in fact be free when it hits PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace next month. I'm a little surprised by the Xbox freebie in particular, since some companies have made no secret of Microsoft's aversion to free content going out through Marketplace in the past. But hey, nice gesture on Warner's part, regardless.

More than anything, I'm just glad Monolith is preserving the hallowed tradition of first-person shooter maps that look like some kid's bedroom. Levelord would be proud.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Colin

Nice.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gosukiller

The free xbox download really suprises me, seeing as they are anal about their bandwidth

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

meh, who cares

Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Renegade

@ the meh, who cares comment:

Okay, so would you be 'meh, who cares' if they decided to charge 10 dollars for it? I'm sure you would be up in arms. You should be genuinely pleased, express this gratitude to the developer by perhaps purchasing future titles (if they are of good quality of course) and hope that other developers start to follow this trend as well, and stop gouging their consumers for additional cash when they already shelled out 50 dollars+ for the initial title.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Milkman

Those are some awesome maps but F.E.A.R. 2 multiplayer is eh. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's sad that the multiplayer is considered to be horrible by other peoples' views. These look like such awesome maps.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora

Free content on XBL or PSN is very appreciated, considering how the console counterparts charge you money.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

What people have to realise is that companies are not forced to charge for content on xbox live.
    But there are rules If they dont want too then the developer has too foot the bill on free content, if they don't then the content costs.

downloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By downloaded

I'll be getting this game soon and I can't wait.  A high tension action packed shooter that doesn't require too much brain work is exactly what I want right now.  I don't quite understand why people complain about "standard" multiplayer.  Standard seems fine to me considering it's got everything I want/need and gives me achievements.  The weapons are cool, the graphics are good and the gore is excessive...  As far as I'm concerned it deserves my full attention seeing as the gameplay and controls are tight as well.  When you take into consideration the fact that the company cares enough to put out free DLC over XBLM I think it's fair that we be impressed.  Does anyone know if the map pack will offer new achievements?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

ah, weird!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.