Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez II

Game » consists of 0 releases.

The cancelled sequel to the original Fez.

Is Fez 2 actually canceled.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Is Fez 2 actually canceled. (100 votes)

Yes 46%
    No 54%

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

• 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Phil said it was cancelled, and the people working with him on it all said he cancelled it, so it's safe to assume it's cancelled. Whether it's ever uncancelled is another story.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The current state of the game is irrelevant to the larger question: Will this game ever come out? Answer: It will.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falserelic

yep, all thanks to the sensitive fishy..

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

Is it currently canceled? Yes.

Will it come out eventually because Phil Fish is a game developer and no amount of ceaseless hate can stop you from being what you are? Likely Yes.

My guess is that he is wisely choosing to take this opportunity to develop out of the public eye, and if I were him, I wouldn't announce that FEZ 2 was back in development until a few months before it was out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@truthtellah: or... he adopts some weird pseudonym and starts releasing games not under his real name like some book authors do. Giving him the opportunity to space himself from the media.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Canceled, but perhaps not forever.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: or... he adopts some weird pseudonym and starts releasing games not under his real name like some book authors do. Giving him the opportunity to space himself from the media.

I... would totally support that. I love that idea. It would be figured out in 10 seconds by Internet sleuths out to get him, but still. I think that's a cool idea. I think he might really have some fun with it, too.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: It took people like 2 months to figure out that J.K. Rowling wrote that book earlier this year and she's way more popular/famous than Fish could ever hope to be. So if it was done right, he could probably keep it secret for a decent amount of time.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e30bmw said:

@truthtellah: It took people like 2 months to figure out that J.K. Rowling wrote that book earlier this year and she's way more popular/famous than Fish could ever hope to be. So if it was done right, he could probably keep it secret for a decent amount of time.

They only figured that out because the book was selling like shit so the publisher "leaked" it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

He's secretly working on it in a bunker with his crew of loyal servants. This cancellation is an elaborate ruse.

Or is it?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

@e30bmw said:

I think it's a little different. I mean, we're on Giant Bomb. Every time a new game is announced with a new developer, we go to work making a page about it and looking up what details we can. People will wonder about a new developer, especially if the game looks at all interesting. And the moment someone on NeoGAF goes, "Hey, guys, this looks pretty nice for someone's first game...", they'll pour over everything they can to figure it out. They'll either find him out or get game news outlets to ask, "Who is this really?"

Having said that, I still think it's a fun idea, and I'm all for it. heh. Seems like good natured fun that might even work for a while. Have Phil Fish dress like an otaku with a big beard and no glasses and pitch his game. It'd be great!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Fez 2 starring Kenny Powers.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Is Phil Fish ready to be a public figure and not lose his shit the next time other people lose their shit at his expense?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@e30bmw said:

I think it's a little different. I mean, we're on Giant Bomb. Every time a new game is announced with a new developer, we go to work making a page about it and looking up what details we can. People will wonder about a new developer, especially if the game looks at all interesting. And the moment someone on NeoGAF goes, "Hey, guys, this looks pretty nice for someone's first game...", they'll pour over everything they can to figure it out. They'll either find him out or get game news outlets to ask, "Who is this really?"

Having said that, I still think it's a fun idea, and I'm all for it. heh. Seems like good natured fun that might even work for a while. Have Phil Fish dress like an otaku with a big beard and no glasses and pitch his game. It'd be great!

I don't think Fish has the social skills to pull that off, sadly.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Animasta

Hi my name is Fill Phish and I've got a new game called Faz

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

@e30bmw said:

I don't know. I think he could surprise us.

Or, at least, his attempt to do so would be mildly entertaining in a "The Phantom Pain has a fake developer that is all bandaged up" sort of way.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By pr1mus

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

@e30bmw said:

Or, at least, his attempt to do so would be mildly entertaining in a "The Phantom Pain has a fake developer that is all bandaged up" sort of way.

Phil Fish is CG confirmed!

#teamCG

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

@truthtellah said:

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

@e30bmw said:

#teamCG

Oh my...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lthph6HaFU1qdmzwao1_500.jpg

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@pr1mus said:

@truthtellah said:

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

@e30bmw said:

#teamCG

Actually, Phil Fish is actually just one of Kojima's many alternate identities, and the man who is called "Phil Fish" is just a puppet controlled by nanomachines. Why else would he trash on Japanese games? To get us off the scent, obviously!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

@truthtellah said:

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

@e30bmw said:

#teamCG

Actually, Phil Fish is actually just one of Kojima's many alternate identities, and the man who is called "Phil Fish" is just a puppet controlled by nanomachines. Why else would he trash on Japanese games? To get us off the scent, obviously!

That seems... way too plausible.

Which means... Fez 2 is actually the third act of MGSV.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.