Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Can I run it?

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, quick question.

I'd love to pick FEZ up from the steam sale, but I'm not sure my laptop could run it. Canirunit.com couldn't really help me as well. These are my specs:

Acer Aspire V3-571, Intel Core i5-3210 2.5 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 6 GB DDR3.

I'm not that tech-savvy, so I don't know if this is enough information. I hope of you can help!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@demmetje said:

I'd love to pick FEZ up from the steam sale, but I'm not sure my laptop could run it. Canirunit.com couldn't really help me as well. These are my specs:

Acer Aspire V3-571, Intel Core i5-3210 2.5 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 6 GB DDR3.

I'm not that tech-savvy, so I don't know if this is enough information. I hope of you can help!

You should be fine.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#3  Edited By joey

This isn't coming from personal experience, but I heard somebody say that it doesn't work well with Intel integrated graphics

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey said:

This isn't coming from personal experience, but I heard somebody say that it doesn't work well with Intel integrated graphics

Is that right? Hmmm... his other specs are far outpacing recommended specs for the game, though. Would be a bummer if Intel graphics fuck this up for the OP.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should have no problems. I'm using a v3-571G, slightly better specs than yours and with an Nvidia GT 630m as well as the integrated Intel card. The 4000 is actually pretty decent as far as integrated graphics cards go.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demmetje said:

I did some minor digging and it seems that the Intel HD graphics 4000 problem that @joey mentioned was a problem for a while. Latest drivers should have solved the issue, though. So, while there's still a risk, if it were up to me I'd say go for it.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks a bunch guys! :D I'm going to give it a shot then.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RVonE

@demmetje said:

Thanks a bunch guys! :D I'm going to give it a shot then.

Good luck, hope it works out!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I don't know for certain but I'd be willing to bet that you could run Fez pretty well, and even some more demanding things.

Looking around the internet, though, some people do have issues with it on integrated graphics. There seems to be a fix. EDIT: Apparently updating drivers makes it work without issue.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

At least as well as a 360.

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought it, downloaded it and installed it.

I played up to the part where you get the ability to shift perspective and the framerate was still very steady at that point. The game also looks amazing.

Thanks for the help people!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.