Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Hidden images in inaudible noise of Fez soundtrack (?!)

Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Servbot

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/961239-fez/62594884

Story is being uncovered on gamefaqs as we speak... Images of Jezus, dates, Locke from Lost?! Is Fez now some kind of an ARG?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

It's Satan, man. Beelzebub.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

O_O

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hatking

I have been totally scared away from this game. It will forever sit on my harddrive.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I haven't played it, but seeing some of this stuff...it's fucking insane.
    @HatKing said:

I have been totally scared away from this game. It will forever sit on my harddrive.

Can I have it? :P
    tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tsiro
    drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drowsap

@HatKing said:

I feel the same way lol i got the first ending and the rest of the game is just to crazy for me

Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Servbot

@drowsap: I'm spooked as well, definitely not stopping now though! How awesome would it be if an ARG was the big idea al along? This game has been in production for so long... Maybe there's more stuff in Indie Game: The Movie as well?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

I don't own this game but I feel like this picture perfectly illustrates how I feel about everything I've heard. 
    I don't own this game but I feel like this picture perfectly illustrates how I feel about everything I've heard. 
    Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Willtron

@Sackmanjones said:

I don't own this game but I feel like this picture perfectly illustrates how I feel about everything of heard.
    I don't own this game but I feel like this picture perfectly illustrates how I feel about everything of heard.

This. So hard. I'm buying this game soon, hopefully. Because it sounds nucking futs.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ExplodeMode

For crazies by crazies.

I mean that in the best way possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game isn't that crazy really ... I mean, it's cool as heck for sure and really interesting but you're not going to start the game up and be transported off to another dimension of mind-bending insanity.

There's three levels to the thing I guess. One, nice platforming & collecting with nice music & scenery. Two, solving codes - with tetris pieces, numbers and letters getting increasingly tricky. That was the limit of my own brain. And then ... three, there's everything else which was just 'okay let's fill this thing up with stuff, hidden in the weirdest ways we can come up with'

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I can probably afford one game this month and this shit is making a fine argument in favour of Fez.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

Haha I feel like an idiot, one of those images was a dark QR code, so I worked for like 10 minutes to get it to look like something you can read with a scanner and it turns out the next image on the slideshow was exactly that. Ah well.

The QR code read as 1955 1958 1960 1961 1967 1969 1971 1977 2003 2005

That's weird. But I haven't even played the game so I have no idea if that even means anything to anyone.

Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Servbot

@MikkaQ: Crazy people think these dates refer to:

• 1955 - Conquest of Space (film) (1955)
    • 1958 - Monkey lost after space flight / Formation of NASA
    • 1960 - The Apollo program was conceived early in 1960
    • 1961 - Yuri Gargarin first man in Space.
    • 1967 - The Outer Space Treaty of 1967
    • 1969 - Apollo 11 - First man on the Moon
    • 1971 - Apollo 14 mission to the moon
    • 1977 - Launch of Voyager 1 space probe
    • 2003 - Columbia space shuttle explodes on re-entry
    • 2005 - European Space Agency announced frozen water found on Mars

And suggest that these are somehow clues to solving the monolith puzzle (wich I haven't even encountered in the game btw >.<).

But that does not explain friggin Locke from friggin Lost being one of the image... FFS Phil Fish!

EDIT: Now there's crop circles in the game. Goddamit. http://imgur.com/a/30vt3

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Poppduder

I'm creeped out by all this, in the very best way.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, of course there is, Phil Fish is a crazy motherfucker isn't he.

Anyway, I'm interested whether this will turn up something new. Although people need to relax, this is just a classic use of a spectogram (which turns certain sounds into images) - no creepy mystical voodoo here.

I'm actually happy that this game wasn't released on PC, otherwise we wouldn't be having this lovely journey of discovery.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

What is a arg?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Servbot: Locke seems a pretty obvious connection actually.

• He's the one character in the show who is literally directed by the Island (or the Smoke Monster depending on your point view) for the longest time.
  • He is the only one of the 'numbers' who is courted by the light and the dark sides at the same time.
  • He understands the temporal anomaly and doesn't seem emotionally phased by it.
  • He has a scar over his eye at one point (possibly referencing the 'eye incident' for old Fez).
  • He comes back from the dead to kill belief (and he is a man of faith vs Jack's man of science) and actually effects the change which is needed to push the island's characters forward.
  • He proves that even in death and possession he still has the power to do the right thing.
    Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Servbot

• He's the one character in the show who is literally directed by the Island (or the Smoke Monster depending on your point view) for the longest time.
  • He is the only one of the 'numbers' who is courted by the light and the dark sides at the same time.
  • He understands the temporal anomaly and doesn't seem emotionally phased by it.
  • He has a scar over his eye at one point (possibly referencing the 'eye incident' for old Fez).
  • He comes back from the dead to kill belief (and he is a man of faith vs Jack's man of science) and actually effects the change which is needed to push the island's characters forward.
  • He proves that even in death and possession he still has the power to do the right thing.
  • @SeriouslyNow: Are you a wizard?

Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Servbot

@ImmortalSaiyan: An alternate reality game (ARG) is an interactive narrative that uses the real world as a platform and uses transmedia to deliver a story that may be altered by participants' ideas or actions.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By efman

I knew from the very moment I got engrossed in this game that my excitement and drive for wanting to play more, wanting peel the layers back further, wanting to get a feel for the world in which it takes place, would end up unsettling me in the best way possible, much like a really great horror film rattles me. I've been thinking of this ever since it was released and never though that recount my feelings about it on here, but this new discovery is as great an incentive as any, really. Since it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else, I chalk it up to only applying to me in this case. I find the tone and mood of this game to be disquieting. There's this sense of unease that just hangs over it once you get past the first few minutes of the game. It is all the more amplified by the moody, at times serene, soundtrack. Some rooms have no sound at all. Unlike the platforms that put a grin on our faces, all the undercurrents of Fez have NOTHING in common with those types of games that trade on charm. It has all the hallmarks of the halcyon era of gaming where you'd walk into a door with a pitch-black backround and had to walk all the way to the end of the screen just to see what it is that awaits you.

Lustreplush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lustreplush

@Poppduder said:

I'm creeped out by all this, in the very best way.

YES

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jrinswand

That's pretty nifty. I'm glad other people have the patience to figure all this shit out. I know I sure don't. I bought it the day it came out, but I still haven't had time to beat it. I'll get around to that once school's out.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I fucking hope not! This game is crazy enough already!

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By ReyGitano

The insanity going on here is overwhelming. I want no part in trying to figure out what's going on with this game, but I'm always interested to see what other people are digging up.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By theguy

I really want fez, I hope it comes out on PC. I'm listening to the soundtrack now.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle
    @Servbot Those crop circles are apparently just deleted QR codes.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play this game, but I feel like the ship has sailed. It seems like if you didn't play this the week it came out, then you missed a huge part of the experience.

Servbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Servbot

@MegaMetaTurtle: thank god...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Bollard

Holy shit...

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Servbot said:

• @SeriouslyNow: Are you a wizard?

No, but the fact that this is an ARG is pretty fucked up (old meme is old).

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 1p

Paging

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Robo

Duders, this shit is crazy. Here I was doubting there would be much of a connection with the soundtrack and then this. Awesome.

The people behind all this have gone way above and beyond the call. Seriously, who does all this with a $10 XBLA title and its soundtrack?

I'm keeping up on what's going on and I wish I could participate in the efforts to decipher this and do some work on that guide but at the moment I've got family stuff to deal with.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By BBAlpert

Dammit, I want to keep up with this ARG stuff as it develops, but this possible connection to Lost stuff might become a problem (as I haven't seen the show yet, and would prefer not to have it spoiled). I guess it may be time to just sit down and marathon that shit on Netflix before I stumble across something I don't want to see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.