Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

I cracked the code!

Soniking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Soniking

I finally figured out the alphabet this game has been hiding from me for so long. I understood the "quick fox lazy dog" thing it was pretty obvious but the stone block and the symbols plus the order and orientation was so baffling. Eventually I drew it all out on graph paper and after a few hours of scrutiny I figured it out! I have never felt such a strong air of amusement and mystery since I was 8 and I played Links Awakening. I absolutely love this game. I probably would have solved this sooner but being legally blind makes things kinda hard.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Now I want to watch Legally Blonde again. Man!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm illegally blind, Minority Reports eye police are on my ass on the time.

Soniking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Soniking

@Hitchenson: That's why you gotta get that legal shit. Government money dawg.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sungahymn

Game over.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Great, now report back to engineering, Mr. LaForge.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By alternate

but what about the bell dawg

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard

@Soniking said:

I finally figured out the alphabet this game has been hiding from me for so long. I understood the "quick fox lazy dog" thing it was pretty obvious but the stone block and the symbols plus the order and orientation was so baffling. Eventually I drew it all out on graph paper and after a few hours of scrutiny I figured it out! I have never felt such a strong air of amusement and mystery since I was 8 and I played Links Awakening. I absolutely love this game. I probably would have solved this sooner but being legally blind makes things kinda hard.

I too just worked out the langauge! Have made some handy pictures for every letter (getting the cube which your hint partner says was used for writing helped make it obvious that a few letters needed to be reused, but I will say no more) and now to go translate all the crazy language!

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Soniking: Didn't read your post because I don;t want to spoil the game, but at which point (try to keep it spoiler free) should I be able to figure it out?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Soniking: Didn't read your post because I don;t want to spoil the game, but at which point (try to keep it spoiler free) should I be able to figure it out?

The point where you get an artefact which your companion says "It looks like it was used to write with".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.