Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

New Game+ Question (spoilers inside)

Kosikutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kosikutioner

So I'm in the New Game +. I have the glasses, can look around.

On the Bombcast they talked a lot about revelatory moments. I imagine it's solving the alphabet and number system? Right from the start of the game I wondered about that. Without just linking to a list of those solved... How do I go about solving those?

There are school rooms and the like, are they what I need to sit down and scribble stuff down in a notepad to figure this all out? I'm nervous to do too much searching, I'd like to do this as much as I can myself, but I kinda feel like I need a shove in the right direction.

Parsnipzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Parsnipzilla

There is a section of the game where, if you are observant, you can figure out the entire alphabet. It's not in the school rooms, it's outside, and if you catch on to the little clue in the environment you can start decoding the language almost immediately. When I figured it out I felt like the smartest man alive, it's a good feeling so I won't help you too much!

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alexpiercey

@Parsnipzilla: It kinda sucked for me. I recognized it, but I didn't make any sort of connection at all.

Kosikutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kosikutioner
    @Parsnipzilla Thanks. I had totally seen that earlier and laughed they had done that without clueing in.

Now I just need to figure out the numbers and Tetris pieces...
    leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By leburgan

@Kosikutioner: Theres a specific room with the tetris pieces with a purple monolith that lights up with different patterns that you can use to figure out the tetris pieces. One of the classrooms I believe helps you with the numbers.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

I actually have a question as to what the amazing twist is? A lot of reviews talk about a huge twist in the end - is it the glasses or..did I miss something?

John-Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By John-Luke

@Humanity: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're referring to the glasses.

*Spoilers*

Adding a new perspective to see from and the realization that all of those things were there all along is pretty crazy.

Vincemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vincemaster

I actually have a question about NG+ too, sort of unrelated but since the topic is called NG+ question I may as well ask. What happens if you go in the stargate in NG+? I accidentally went into the stargate room and I can't exit through the door (glitch?). If I go through the stargate will I just see the ending again then start another NG+?

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Green_Incarnate

You don't need new game + to have the revelatory moment. You need new game + to solve a bunch of bullshit puzzles impossible otherwise.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By washablemarkers

@Vincemaster said:

I actually have a question about NG+ too, sort of unrelated but since the topic is called NG+ question I may as well ask. What happens if you go in the stargate in NG+? I accidentally went into the stargate room and I can't exit through the door (glitch?). If I go through the stargate will I just see the ending again then start another NG+?

Yes. I accidentally did the same thing. The 32-cube door is basically the end of the game. You'll have to climb to the top, watch the ending again and start a new NG+.

mortface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By mortface

@washablemarkers said:

@Vincemaster said:

Yes. I accidentally did the same thing. The 32-cube door is basically the end of the game. You'll have to climb to the top, watch the ending again and start a new NG+.

Haha, I did that too. After watching that ending twice, I feel like I'm tripping balls.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LongMasterWolf

@mortface: Wait until you watch the final ending after getting all 64 cubes.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By BoringK

@mortface said:

@washablemarkers said:

@Vincemaster said:

Haha, I did that too. After watching that ending twice, I feel like I'm tripping balls.

Put me down as another person who accidentally did this.

mortface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mortface

@LongMasterWolf: I don't think I'm clever enough to reach that point.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By kerse

@BoringK said:

@mortface said:

@washablemarkers said:

@Vincemaster said:

I didn't do it on accident, I did it on purpose. I was like hmm wonder what happens when I do that again.

xcrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xcrox

@kerse said:

@BoringK said:

@mortface said:

@washablemarkers said:

@Vincemaster said:

I didn't do it on accident, I did it on purpose. I was like hmm wonder what happens when I do that again.

I did this too, accidentally. But instead of watching it again, I quit out and selected "start new game(not +)" from the main menu, and accidentally my whole game D=

Lost all my cubes I'd gotten so far... I got to keep the glasses effect at least...

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LongMasterWolf

@mortface: You can do it, if you need some help look at the Fez guide.

Ricansoldier23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ricansoldier23

@Parsnipzilla: You're better person then me. I looked at that for minutes and could not figure it out. I never heard of that phrase so it didn't occur to me that it would solve it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.