Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Release Date: 26th March. PS3/Vita/PS4 Cross buy

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Choke on it - Phil Fish
    Choke on it - Phil Fish

This is it. We’ve come to the end of development, FEZ is finally coming to Sony platforms on 26th March! It’s been an incredible adventure and we couldn’t have made it without the amazing work of Blit Software and the support of Sony’s team. In the name of all of us at Polytron, thank you so much!

Since day one of the release in 2012, people have been asking for a PS3 version of FEZ. We believe that the level of quality was worth the wait. Blit took the time to make a solid C++ conversion that runs smoothly at native resolution on PS Vita, and 720p at 60 frames per second on PS3.

On top of that, playing it on PS4 is what we consider to be the best-looking and smoothest FEZ experience you can get on a TV set, running at beautiful 1080p (and yes, 60fps too). You wouldn’t think that upping the resolution would make a big difference in a game like ours, where the pixels are the size of Gomez’s fist… but it really does look even crisper and blockier – in a good way.

No one’s going to blame you for digging around, but you won’t find many big additions in these versions of the game. However there are a few surprises, especially in the PS4 version: the DualShock 4′s lightbar has been put to the task of bringing a little bit of FEZ’s world inside your own home, and you may not need to look everywhere for that dusty pair of red/cyan glasses to get access to a very late-game easter egg… Funny story: to test the new 3DTV support, we had to spend a weekend running around computer shops to find a monitor that sports an integrated emitter. When we did though, and started up FEZ, our minds were forever expanded. I think we can see the fourth dimension now?

So the PS4 version is loaded with sexy features, but definitely don’t hold off from getting a dose of FEZ on the go, especially with a cross-save slot shared across all three platforms! I personally idled the game in a puzzle room and transformed my PS Vita into an infinite Disasterpeace music generator. We’re excited to see what other ways people will find to enjoy the first portable version of FEZ.

Let’s all enjoy the universe of FEZ one more time or for the first time on a PlayStation!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/03/fez-release-date-confirmed-ps3-ps4-ps-vita/

I hope Fez 2 still exists somewhere but if you have not played the original Fez Cross buy enabled is a very good deal.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glots

Of course I bought the pc-version just a few days ago. Though not that big of a loss in this case, since it was just a couple of euros. Now to consider whatever I'll stop playing and wait for the PS4 version, then continue it on that, if it won't cost too much.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By djou

I'm hoping that the external developer fixed the game bugs. I never finished the PC version because it crashed on me and I lost some progress. I saw a demo of Fez running on a PS4 demo unit in Gamestop and it looked pretty sweet. Despite all the vitriol that Phil Fish gets, he made a super fun, original game, and I hope he gets back into more development and less social media.

edit: Sony, cut out that nonsense with the light bar. Let me turn that crap off. It needlessly drains my DS4 battery.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Played it a little on a friend's 360, bought it on PC, and you bet I'm going to buy it again on Sony's systems.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! I have been waiting forever for the PS3 version to come out. March is going to be a very, very good month!

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, now all the Sony gamers can experience one of the most overrated games of the last generation from one of the most overrated developers.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Great! I wanted to play this again on my Vita, having it on PS3/PS4 is a bonus.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat this on the 360 and really enjoyed it. I might pick it up again so I can check out the 3D on the PS4.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The FalseRelic will check this out indeed.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

fuck still need to play this have a copy on steam (i probably never will)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.