Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 12

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

FIFA 12 is set to be EA Sports' 2011 iteration of the franchise, covering the 2011-2012 season and will introduce tactical defending, precision dribbling and enhanced AI.

Demo

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Is the FIFA 12 demo coming out for the PS3 soon? It seems to be out for PC.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

I think it's out tomorrow on the PS3.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ramone

Seems alright so far. The new defending system takes a bit to get used to

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

Thanks guys, just have to wait a day then.

shadystx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By shadystx

It's out now, Fifa has been a great football game for years and they have just been improving it with new engines they spend 2 years developing, Last time we saw the 360 control system and this year we have the new defending system.

After several games of the demo its clear its going to take some getting used to the new defensive system as it changes the button layout slightly that fifa has used for years so I find myself pushing the wrong button but once you get used to the new system defending will be allot better and more useful as instead of just running all out to get to the man with the ball to make a tackle its now about defensive positioning and of course making the tackle, the problem with the old system is if you started chasing the ball with 2 players and your opponent was passing it around well it would pull your players way out of position but with this new system its easier to have an ai team mate cover the player with the ball while you anticipate the pass/mark another player, the new standing tackle is great as now when a player gets goal side of a defender and is clean through you can hassle the player with upper body strength or even tug on his shirt a bit but this could lead to a foul been given if used aggressively.

One thing i dont like is the developers have left the option in to switch back to the old defensive system and I can see allot of fifa players instantly resorting back to that system, But In the end players who get used to the new system will have an advantage defensively.

Fifa is the best and most accurate sport game in the world IMO and fifa 12 continues that and I cannot wait till my pre-order arrives so I can start kicking some ass, Another good thing is with teams like Man City having allot of great players we may see allot more different teams being used instead of all the softies wanting to be barcelona constantly, Although i bet 7/10 games I play is against Barcalona.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KarlPilkington

@shadystx: I didn't know you could revert back to the old system, I just cannot get used to the new defense system at all.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JBird

@KarlPilkington: I'd say stick with it. I was getting annoyed by the new defense system aswell, but then i suddenly realised that id been playing the game for less than a day (i have a ps3) Its stupid to expect mastery of any game after a day, and it will make the game better in the long run!

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lnin0

You better stick with the new tactical defending because online will be locked to it. Legacy is only going to be optional offline.

Just because Legacy Defending was adored by the skill-less, adopted by the competitive and tolerated by everyone else doesn't make it good for the game of FIFA. It was pretty much crap from inception. FIFA games have digressed into a ping pong match that resembled nothing like soccer.

The new system actually forces players to defend players rather than just launch a heat-seaking, ball-consuming AI defender with the hold-the-win-button. Unfortunately, for 2012 and the future of tactical defending, EA left friendly defenders as dumb as ever. They won't cut off a pass, they are never in position and don't even cover the passing lane while the player gets dirty doing the defending. The attacking AI, who already have eyes in the back of their head, always have an out should you tire of doing the pressure dance with them.

Hopefully this will be a different story when going up against real people online. Though I think the offense is still going to be overpowered and people will easily learn how to abuse defenders reliant on AI that doesn't understand the basics of defending. That is the EA way. Flash over substance. It is no different in any game they make. Then next year, instead of actually fixing their AI to play a game of soccer, they will just leave tactical defending on the cutting room floor. Which means online will go back to the same fast-break FIFA Jams it was in 11. I can only hope by then PES has their shit worked out by then ... it is so close this year.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funkydupe

First impression on PS3: I liked it. Also the physics seem better this time around. Played the demo two-player and we had fun. I didn't really use the new jokeying system to defend even though I still left it on.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By kalmis

Played couple of games with my beloved Gooners. Really liked the new defense system. Need to get used to it more of course. The penalty taking seemed different as well. Skipped 11 just because didn't feel like buying a Fifa every year. But this is a must buy.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By hwy_61

I loved the demo. Didn't know wtf I was doing when it came to substitutions though. Can one position be subbed for another? Planning on buying it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.