Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA Soccer 09

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

EA Sports returns with the '09 edition of FIFA, a soccer simulation video game series. FIFA 09 features gameplay and graphic improvements from its predecessor, FIFA 08, as well as increased amount of players, leagues, and stadiums, and you have more control overall in the game.

Demo impressions.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Anyone play the demo of this game? What did you think of it?

I found it a bit weird to start with, but after playing it for a short while I love it. Having the power bar for passes and through passes is so much better. It really used to annoy me on FIFA 08 when I'd do a through pass into the penalty area and It'd always get to the goalie just before the attacker, now if that happens I can only blame myself, since I choose the power.

The animations are improved too. When a player gets tackled and he actually falls over like a real player would. The referee seems improved too, most noticeably he'll give a yellow card for an offense he played the advantage for, once play stops. I also like actually having a physical ref and linesman on the pitch, where in FIFA 08 they were nowhere to be seen during gameplay, you only saw them during cut scenes.

And also, while it may just be a gimmick, I thought it was really cool to choose your players celebrations.

So, What did you guys think?

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ma7moud

I really liked it. The animations are superb, Gameplay is almost the same as FIFA 08. Also the ref seems to give yellow cards frequently. The player celebration was good at first but gets old after few matches. Overall I think the demo was great but I'll wait for PES demo and decide which game I'll buy.

CaptainCoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CaptainCoke

The animations are really good it seems, especially the headers. I'll definitely buy this game, although I'm interested in seeing what PES can offer this year.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    CaptainCoke said:
    "The animations are really good it seems, especially the headers. I'll definitely buy this game, although I'm interested in seeing what PES can offer this year."
    Last years PES put me off the series. It was extremely average, and I expect more from the game that has been the dominant football game for so long. I'll check the demo out, but I think its going to have to do something really special to beat FIFA.
    Merforga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Merforga

I haven't played a FIFA game since 06, and the only thing I didn't like about 09 was the inaccuracy of crosses compared to 06.  I know it's a long time since I bought a FIFA game, but the crosses are terrible I find.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JamesF

I loved the demo and bought the game first day!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.