Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 11, 2008

Return to the world of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and experience the story of Yuri and Chelinka in this action RPG for the DS.

Anybody else love this game?

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By danielkempster

I just started playing this a few days ago and I'm absolutely hooked. I love the depth of the combat, the fact that so many options are presented to you without ever feeling overwhelming, and the boss battles I've experienced so far were a lot of fun. I'm not too keen on the kid-oriented aesthetics but there seems to be an interesting story going on beneath the saccharine presentation. It feels like they took the Crystal Chronicles formula and merged it with some of the ideas from Kingdom Hearts. In fact, if 358/2 Days ends up playing similarly to this, it could be one of the best RPGs on DS.

Anybody else share my opinion?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

The story was absolutely wonderful, and really depressing. I won't say to much obviously but still. Gameplay is hit and miss though, combat is fun and way faster than the original, but when you get more than 1 character to control in the single player campaign it can become a mess. The ally AI is utterly stupid and will do absolutely nothing, often times getting themselves killed meaning you have to waste a res on them. Still though, I found it to be a solid game.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

I definitely agree with your point about the AI. It's a shame I'll never have the chance to play it with three friends, as it really feels like the game was built with multiplay in mind. Still, I'm really impressed with the depth and intuitive nature of the combat mechanics. And thanks for not spoiling the story!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

The main reason that im not playing this games is because i dont have any friends that have a DS, I want to get the best out of that game that there is so i'll wait until a have some people to play that with

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.