Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Dimensions

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2012

Final Fantasy Dimensions is a re-release of the 2010 Episodic mobile Role playing game, Final Final Fantasy Legends: Warriors of Light and Dark. It features classic 2D style graphics and a job system similar to Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy III.

Anyone else stoked for this?

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By wmoyer83

My first foray into the Final Fantasy franchise was Final Fantasy 2 (aka FF4) for the SNES, which was during the mid 90s. The series has evolved (or devolved depending on your opinion) but I for one love every entry in the series. I am most definitely stoked to play this new iPhone version. It reminds me of the good old days before they had any fancy 3D "polygon" graphics.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By norsedudetr

In light of my recent self inflicted vow to play through FF 1 through 10 (On GBA/Android/PS2/PS3), 12 (PS2), 13 (check) and 13-2 (got it on my shelf), I have only two comments.

1) YES!

2) GODDAMMIT!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AuthenticM

Forgive me for being so blunt, but you would be out of your mind if you bought a 30$ phone game that looks as bad if not worse than Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

No. My love for Final Fantasy is dead.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Holy crap -- I'm not sure if I'm willing to follow the precedent of ~$30 mobile phone applications this game is trying to set. I can appreciate trying to bring full games to the mobile market, but not like this!

Next thing you know someone is going try getting away with QuickOffice for $40+ -- we as consumers cannot let that happen!

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By sixpin

No, it is too expensive. Also, I learned that Square was no longer able to make a decent FF game after playing both FFIV: The After Years and FFXIII. Can't fool me a third time!

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Yeaaaah, I was interested until I saw the price. Plus, some of the in-game artwork looks straight out of RPGMaker 98.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By SomeJerk

It's not a very hot game, or long, or carrying much replay-value. We'd all rather seen Type-0 brought over even in a digital-only form. I recommend FF3 Android/iOS over this, no matter how much you love and adore sprites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

30 bucks? Heeeeeelllllllll no. I've put up with some 15 dollar apps but I could never bring myself to spend 30. It's a shame though I was a little interested.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Sterling

I wish it was coming to PSN and XBLA, and at a $15 price point.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 71Ranchero

Thats way too much for a game on IOS. Perhaps its shallow of me but I will never pay premium price for a game on a system with no input buttons. The most I have ever spent on an IOS game is $7 for "The War of Eustrath" and although the game is console quality, the lack of buttons has ruined the experience.

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vorsic

I'll probably get it. I figure I would've payed that much to get it on 3DS or something anyway. Plus I've spent a lot more for a lot less.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I'll get it when its on 3DS or it is like $5.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Brenderous

This is coming out on my birthdaaaaaay.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By NoobSauceG7

No thank you. Not playing a game on my phone and not paying a lot of money to play games on my phone.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By Slag

No, I don't like Ios games.

veko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By veko

Rumor says it's going to be episodic with a $3-$4 price point per episode. I'll definitely try out the first episode, and see how much it interests me.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gumdealer

@veko: I'm pretty sure the first part is free, though I don't know what's in it. It could just be story or something.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Square needs to make a Xbox Arcade\PSN game that is HD 2D graphics, no voice acting, 15-20 hours long and charge 20 bucks. In the vain of FF6 but have animation in the battle system. Or the creators of Bastion could capitalize of this as they had amazing 2d art in bastion.

DanTheGamer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By DanTheGamer32

$30? I love FF but not that much for a 2D one, not in this day and age.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Soulblitz

Pricing is as follows.

The first episode is going to run you $2.99, while episodes two, three, and four will cost $8.99 a pop. Alternatively, the entire package can be purchased for $28.99.

I'll get the first episode and see what I think of it, then maybe go from there. Maybe not.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NathHaw

I was thinking about it, but now I'm leaning away from getting it. I watched a video of it. Pretty much redoes the music from IV, and the character models look too much alike. Might be OK, but from what I saw, it looks pretty thrown together. Guess I'll just wait and see. Seems a little too much like a cash in.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#23  Edited By LordAndrew

I don't expect much, but the price for the first episode seems reasonable so...

Skanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skanker

Absolutely not. This game looks extremely poorly made based on the screenshots. I know this sounds extremely vain, but if you don't even have competent designers/artists working for you you probably don't have great writers or coders either.

For anyone who just wants to play an old-school Final Fantasy that keeps going by the same old awful formula, replay one of those old games and "have fun". Make a new Dissidia.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Brenderous

How long ago did this game come out for japanese cell phones?

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shaka999

@Soulblitz said:

Pricing is as follows.

The first episode is going to run you $2.99, while episodes two, three, and four will cost $8.99 a pop. Alternatively, the entire package can be purchased for $28.99.

I'll get the first episode and see what I think of it, then maybe go from there. Maybe not.

Oh, then that's not as bad as $30 out of the gate. Still... meh. If this was back when I really liked Final Fantasy, but at this point, I feel like I've moved on.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By PandaBear

It's a two year old game for some other mobile phone. I mean it's not exactly going to take full advantage of what the iPhone has to offer... and yet it's $30? That shit won't fly on the App Store regardless of the game's quality.

DamTheLad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DamTheLad

I wanted it so much. It was saying everywhere that it was releasing worldwide on iOS and android, today I'm reading that it doesn't have a release date for android in NA and EU. It was releasing on Android only in japan...well must wait a little more I guess.

Ashuramaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ashuramaru

the prologue is free, so you can get a look at it without paying a penny. so far I'm not impressed.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By geirr

I'm also a little cynical about this due to the outrageous pricing Square does compared to other companies. I don't think this game deserves 100 times more money than, say, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP or 10,000,000 or technological breakthroughs like Infinity Blade - and I'm really scared that if they continue doing this and somehow post positive results, other developers will stick their nose up their butts and suddenly normal app price is $20 instead of $2.

I had to pay over $100 in the past for my copy of FF3/6 since I live in Norway and it had no European release that I knew of but those were very different times.

Avatar image for agnosticwatermelon
    Agnosticwatermelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After play this a while I have to say it's not worth nearly $30. This game is bad RPG maker terrible .

Please don't make the same mistake I did. If you must buy a final fantasy on the ios, get one of the ones that's not $30

[e] Hell, if you're that desperate for a square rpg and you're willing to pay a lot, get the world ends with you solo. It's $18, but the price is justified beacuse the actual DS game still costs $20 and they had to do some significant work to put it on a device with only one screen. Plus it's a great game.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RazielCuts

All Square iPhone games are super expensive, who is actually buying them? Puts me right off.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Omegus

Nobody get this game. For a game made by the mighty SquareEnix I expected more. This game plays like some kid made this with RPG Maker vx. Music was good as always, story and characters were fell short of average. combat and job system were as expect so no fault there. But overall I really expected more from Square Enix at this point in the game. It is as if they really don't care anymore.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fearbeard

If this were released on the DS then I'd be all over it.

Even though the lack of buttons doesn't actually impact the game that much, it still detracts enough for me that I'm not willing to pay handheld console prices for it on the iphone.

I'll finish the prologue at least to see if they give a glimpse of the job system at all in it.

I do love the 2D Final Fantasy's and would happily play another one if it's high enough quality, but the platform choice and out of sync pricing for that platform is holding me back.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By fugie7

yep.

Timnoldzim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Timnoldzim

Ech. I just watched the trailer and... no. I mean, the classic FF style is a lot of fun, and in my opinion an inherently perfect RPG system, but it feels really stale when you're revisiting it after 6 games already used it. Also, the plot is cliché crap and I am astounded at how terrible the font choice is. Some have already said it, but yes, it looks exactly like it was made in RPG Maker.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By dichemstys

I'm not STOKED but I'll play it for sure.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By veektarius

I don't know why the Japanese end of Square-Eidos acts so much more incompetent than the Western one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.