Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IV

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jul 19, 1991

Final Fantasy IV is a critically acclaimed RPG in the Final Fantasy series and one of the first of its kind to tell a heavily character-driven story. It also created the Active Time Battle system.

Final Fantasy IV page, not Final Fantasy IV DS page

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxx77

I believe the Giant Bomb staff is treating this like a general Final Fantasy IV page that covers every Final Fantasy IV (II in the US) release, not just the newest one. Does anyone else agree/disagree with that assumption?

I've noticed that the blurb keeps changing. I edited it once when the site went live, putting "this DS remake..." since I thought this page was only for FFIV DS at the time. When I realized that's probably not the case, I edited it to say "the DS remake..." but the edit still hasn't been approved yet (I can't imagine what it's like for them to read through our thousands and thousands of edits from this week. I don't see how they're going to keep up).

There is another FFIV page on the site, but it's a no-man's land at the moment. I'm not sure why it was added. Anyway, since the ones doing the major edits to this particular page are the ones who read through this message board, I thought this would be a good way to get in touch with everyone and see if we can put our heads together and collude on this page, rather than make needless edits and re-edits that conflict.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DarkLegend

I agree, all version are treated as one.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By maxx77

What's funny is that I just noticed that Nintendo DS isn't even one of the platforms listed on this page. I just edited to add it, but it's likely already someone else's pending edit waiting to be approved.

Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rex

Yeah, each game in the system has a single page to represent all versions of the game in question, so I'd say its best to leave any mention of the DS remake outside of the blurb, and put it in the main body of the text, where you could discuss all the different versions of the game. A general description of what all the versions of FFIV have in common I'd probably put in the blurb. Or maybe you could briefly discuss the significance of the game in the blurb, such as how it took storytelling in the series to new heights and introduced the Active Time Battle system to the series.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maxx77

Awesome image, Rex. I was just on the Skies page earlier today making little edits.

Agreed on the blurb. I'm awful at coming up with a one or two sentence to describe something (I'm lucky to get something down to 50 sentences). That's a great guideline for the blurb though. Hopefully someone will run with that and come up with a blurb that's true to the history of the game without being specific to any one release.

Philosoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6  Edited By Philosoma

I think that the Giant Bomb guys had no idea how much information would be coming through. As for this page, I've wondered about what version of FFIV this is - I'm guessing that since you can post reviews of all versions, it's for FFIV in entirety. Now, thinking about submissions... oh damn... I'm sure that since it is rarely updated, many of us and many that are not posting in this forum has tried to update it. Nonetheless, I'm so glad that we have an entire page and forum devoted to this awesome game.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maxx77
    Philosoma said:
    "Nonetheless, I'm so glad that we have an entire page and forum devoted to this awesome game."
    I like that too. This is a good way for like-minded people, or ones with similar tastes anyway, to have a place to talk about specific games. It reminds me of how IMDB has a forum at the bottom of the page for every movie/show/game/etc. GiantBomb is just a really good amalgamation of a lot of sites really.
    JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By JJ

I was always trying to view the FFIV page as a combination of all the "version" of the game. Not just DS only. I think I read the directions on posting or something. Even watched the whole Create A Bomb video.

I love the forums on each page. Giantbomb is nearly my favorite site now. I just wished it loaded faster on my iPhone (3g doesn't live where I live)

Philosoma said:

Nonetheless, I'm so glad that we have an entire page and forum devoted to this awesome game.
    I agree.
    maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By maxx77

I love the forums per game, but I noticed something today. Some games have so many characters, objects, similar games, etc. now, the pages are getting really long. It's a long way to scroll to the bottom if you want to see the forums. I hope they truncate those things or rearrange the page. I'm sure the layout we're seeing now is going to change quite a bit eventually. Hopefully these forums are here to stay though.

I'd add an FAQ tab to each game if it were up to me. No more going to Gamefaqs once this site gets that. And a Cheats page and Achievements page and several other things found on that site.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Moridin
    maxx77 said:
    "I love the forums per game, but I noticed something today. Some games have so many characters, objects, similar games, etc. now, the pages are getting really long. It's a long way to scroll to the bottom if you want to see the forums. I hope they truncate those things or rearrange the page. I'm sure the layout we're seeing now is going to change quite a bit eventually. Hopefully these forums are here to stay though.

I'd add an FAQ tab to each game if it were up to me. No more going to Gamefaqs once this site gets that. And a Cheats page and Achievements page and several other things found on that site.
    "

Coulda swore I heard Jeff mention something about a FAQ, cheats, etc. pages on the latest Bombcast. I'm sure they're working on it, though.
    Danreb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Danreb

The thing about that is cheats are dying.  I don't remember the last time I've ever needed help in a game.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maxx77

@Moridin, yeah, Jeff hinted at that. Him talking about it is what got me thinking about it. I think some kind of FAQ page is inevitable.

I see that someone threw in one of the Final Fantasy IV soundtracks recently on here. That itself could be broken out into a Soundtrack tab.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.