Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IX

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2000

Zidane Tribal and his troupe attempt to abduct Princess Garnet of Alexandria in this throwback to the classics of the series.

Deep Look: Final Fantasy IX- Speed Run Tips: Gulug to Disc 4

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Duders,

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found particularly worthy of highlighting and exploring. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I continue my preparations for my Final Fantasy IX speed run in the Giantbomb Community Endurance Run. The GB Community Endurance Run is going to be raising money for Pencils of Promise, a charity that builds schools, trains teachers, and puts kids through school in developing nations, from April 10th through 12th. You can even name FFIX characters if you include the character and the name you would like with your donation!

In this video I start off by showing how to clear Mount Gulug of its dragon and jester infestation. I then show how to kill off Taharka in Ipsen's Castle without too much trouble. Next I show how to get Zidane and Quina to work together to kill the Earth Guardian. I then show off how to safely guide Zidane through his short bout of self-doubt in the Not Alone battles. I finish up by outlining how to defeat the Silver Dragon, Garland, and Kuja. Only a few battles left people!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Nice man, I guess it's time for the rubber to meet the road eh?

How many times have you done a practice run so far?

I hope this goes well for you guys!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 thatpinguino  Staff

@slag: 3 times and I haven't beaten Necron yet... Everything else is clocked, but I messed up some things each time that came home to roost on the final boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.